And so it ends!

It’s time to rip it up and start again.
New manager. New players. New initiatives ( maybe I’ve gone too far with this one).

Totally agree with Funk. We need to be thinking outside the box. Not sure it’s going to happen though.

3 Likes

Same as the ‘Championship target’ mate.

Target: Championship football
How do we achieve this and what is been implemented to achieve this and monitor the successes/failures - AIR

Target: 5k season tickets holders
How do we achieve this and what is been implemented to achieve this and monitor the success/failures - AIR

This 5 year plan is pivotal for me, I don’t think we will ever see one personally. Certainly not one where people within the club can be held accountable to tangible targets within the plan. Far too transparent for a Walsall FC Bonser MK2 operation.

5 Likes

We had a decent striker ( in the championship now) and we was still rubbish and out the top7

Yep. Would have been interesting how BD would have done if he’d had Adebayo

It is as if they think just saying something means it is a plan. You have to have some ideas in mind how you are going to achieve things.

We had a plan when Smith was manager. A style of play and targeting the right kind of players to fit for a start. All down to Smith and probably O’Kelly. The club brought into it though with the whole club DNA speech they put out. Then as soon as Smith leaves they just ripped it all up and appointed a physio as manager.

2 Likes

To me he took the " left in the lurch" defence off the table himself when he claimed credit for Wright, who has deteriorated, and Melbourne. This 20th performance was no more convincing than his first. Pomlett’s repaid his loyalty by giving him a decent chance with an extended run to the end of the season. Time to look elsewhere.

2 Likes

To me that’s like having 4 teeth ripped out without anaesthetic being in tears and absolute agony and saying go on take another 3 I’ll be fine.

1 Like

Maybe they could consider the approach taken by many golf clubs these days.
They have age bands, which increase from almost nothing for under 10’s through to full rate once a member reaches late 20’s, even 30 at some clubs.
Someone in their early 20’s may likely pay 25% of the full membership rate and so on.

Gorra gew, he’s Clarke incarnate.

Whole management team and coaching framework should be reviewed, we need new ideas and a completely new approach.

Osadebe tweet from earlier says everything, we severely lack a winning mentality and that complacency will see us in non league.

9 Likes

Given the lack of creativity, or quality in the final third as Brian likes to put it, we would have finished lower than when he took over from Clarke. Any goals from Adebayo would have just papered over the cracks.

I am pretty sure they mentioned something about a gradual increase from 18-21 or something along those lines. I’m not sure it is about the money as such though, just that the young people just don’t want to spend their Saturday afternoons watching Walsall.

1 Like

Forget Championship football! Our current direction is National League football!

Our only plan right now should be to be an established league one team, with the occasional cup run and playoff flirtation. Once we get there, then we can plan for more.

We need fresh blood on the board, fresh blood on the training ground and fresh blood on the pitch.

I want goals, I want wins, I want atmosphere and I want the club to care! I’m realistic, but I want hope and ambition; frankly right now Bath City have more.

4 Likes

Well they should be made to :joy:

1 Like

I agree! I was, I didn’t need much convincing to be fair.

1 Like

Couldn’t we get the juvenile courts to make watching Walsall part of Community Service orders?

10 Likes

Bescot Borstal.

1 Like

Human rights?

1 Like

Would make real men of them.

1 Like

Maybe.

But look at Laverys last minute miss today. Surely Adebayo would have scored that.

at least we tried