Back Room Staff

Anyone noticed that there have been several outgoings on the quiet, but not a lot of incomings?

Something doesn’t seem right behind the scenes, I know for a fact some roles have been made redundant, and it’s not like we have a large staff in the first place.

1 Like

Perhaps it’s because the Front room staff are leaving?
:wink:

Wow. What roles?

Sausage roles. All burnt out, apparently.

7 Likes

https://www.saddlers.co.uk/club/job-vacancies/

Maybe the really big teams like Barrow, Sutton & AFC Wimbledon offer better than scratchings

We have been advertising for a First Team Physio since 22.10.22, a Senior Groundsperson since 07.09.22 unless whoever looks after the Official Site cant be arsed to update it

2 Likes

I think we are going to struggle to fill the Senior Grounds person roll
It states that you have to supply your own mower :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :wink:

1 Like

Some pound shop grass seed will sort it.

1 Like

I believe what was left of our scouting department has gone, and the role they have advertised for Head of Academy Education and Designated Safeguarding Officer is now a combined role, indicating that both Sue Lane and Nick Adshead have gone.

Also, we’ve churned through several Fitness Coaches lately, and Ben King left a while ago and has yet to be replaced.

1 Like

This is an important point though. What Smith did & all good leaders do well, is build great teams around them.

Smith had O‘Kelly, Cutler, Whitney, love any of those back at the club.

Three things here for me.

1. Cutting, combining, or not filling roles = penny pinching
  2. We can’t attract people to fill the roles, or staff leave to other clubs at a similar level = poor proposition to potential employees.
  3. We sacrifice important back room staff for the sake of signing a crap player = short-termism

A manager is only as good as his backroom team, look at Smith without O’Kelly and Cutler, employing an extra, quality, coach is sometimes worth more than 2 useless loanees.

2 Likes

Sue Lane is retiring at the end of the season and Nick Adshead will be taking on new responsibilities such as the administration of the Women’s section (which is a shambles at present), among others.

2 Likes

The salary for that role is pitiful, £24k is really low.

2 Likes

Thought Mole was doing a good job at that? :thinking:

As for the salary of that role, yes £24k is low given the responsibilities.
We’ve got general admin staff at university getting over £30k with no major managerial responsibility.

Club trying to pay peanuts and wonder why staff are leaving.

Dan Mole has not attended a single Women’s Section game, this season.

1 Like

Didn’t Dame Omelette Biggins say last week that DM was doing a fantastic job with the development of the Womens side of the Club? Strange.

1 Like

Because Mole told him he was :joy: :wink:

1 Like

Oh of course, that’s it. :laughing:

1 Like