Barnsley (A) 8th Sept, 3pm

3-1 Barnsley.
That doesn’t stop me thinking the 7/1 still on offer for Walsall is a cracking bet.

1 Like

I think one of the new loanees will score on his league debut for us in the same manner as George Evans did a few years back, plus Cook & Ferrier. 3-1 win.

I’m hoping to go and I may even be foolish enough to take 7/1 in a three outcome event!

Skybet still offering 18/1 on a Walsall win with both teams to score.

Be interesting to see who plays, the two wolves lads did well in the week especially ronan who looked very comfortable on the ball and always wanted it. Also ginelly has been brilliant so far but could you drop Morris after his performances?

I’d be tempted to keep the team as is, wouldn’t drop Dobbo or Osbourne for Ronan, think we’ll need a bit of physicality in midfield and would keep Morris in based on recent performances but least we have options and players who can come on and make a difference

Would also keep Cook in despite Gordons recent goals, think he’ll give us the option of lumping it up to him when we’re in trouble at the back, which could be quite often being away from home against one of the best teams in the league so he could be in for a big shift

1 Like

I’d be half tempted to drop Cook for Ronan and play 4-5-1 with Ronan as the most advanced midfielder

There I was at Barnsley Metrodome waiting for the Charity Boxing matches to start when I heard the roar at Oakwell informing me that Barnsley had beaten Gillingham 2-1. As I am now able to attend matches after not being able to for some time I had bought my ticket last week so will be with the home support.
As for the result think it will be either 1-1 or a 1-2 defeat if we cannot play for 90+ minutes and switch off again towards the end. Both sides can score but Walsall seem more likely to concede than Barnsley. …

I am sorry I annoyed you by accusing you of being negative!! My view is the most likely result is a draw, probably 1-1

Got a bad feeling about this one , think we may be on the end of a 3-0 defeat … I’ll be there though UTS!

Would appear this one could be available on iFollow…

Hope we beat this ‘Strange Club’

But will be the biggest test this season IMO

Lets see what we’ve really got…

UTS

I had a bad feeling about Blackpuel and Bareton but was pleasantly surprised by both results. I hope to be pleasantly surprised again come 5.00pm Saturday. We’re bound to lose sometime, of course, but if it can be delayed another week, especially against one of the very fancied teams, I’ll be delighted again. And we don’t have the former-player-who’s-bound-to-score-against-us situation :slightly_smiling_face:. Even a narrow defeat wouldn’t give me it’s-the-end-of-the-world feeling :grin: although I’d be disappointed, of course. It could be assuaged by the fact that Arbroath are having a good season :laughing:

I’m going for a 3-1 victory, players having competition for places makes them put in that little bit more, we are always capable of scoring however we also find it difficult to keep a clean sheet.
Incidentally a Walsall victory and both teams to score is 18/1 on a price boost on skybet.

Apparently Barnsley will have a kid on goal with Adam Davies on international duty so if we test him maybe we’ll have a shock on the cards. Id definitely play Morris in this one and have him shooting from range.

1 Like

Agreed. Get the front 4 plus Dobson & Leahy on orders to shoot on sight- put the lad under cosh.

If we can establish a lead & hold onto it, we’ve pace to bring on as Barnsley start to chase the game.

1 Like

9/1 on BetVictor, for those interested.

I know that Barnsley have started well, but so have we. But the bookies seem to feel a home win is a foregone conclusion.

Not necessarily, bookies set the prices based on what they think people will bet on so that they make money whatever the result.

There’s talk on the Barnsley forum of the game being postponed due to an incident in the town centre.

More info from the BBC and Sheffield Star:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/news/south-yorkshire-town-on-lockdown-after-stabbing-1-9340187

No news about the game so far but I’m setting off in about 10 mins so they better hurry up!