Battle stations: Fans focus meeting confirmed

Just wondering how many usually go to these meetings?

last one they had saw over 100 maybe 150 people turn up… from my guesstimate anyway.

That’s why they don’t mention us on WM anymore :joy:

In all seriousness though we are fast becoming the forgotten club of the midlands, the region speak of us like a non league team.

Like I have said elsewhere I really don’t see the value in these focus meetings. We can give Gamble and Mole the toughest ride going and absolutely nothing will come of it. We have done this to death and it doesn’t work!

These formats are old, tired, ineffective (for us fans) and hugely effective for the board of directors as it pulls the wool over the eyes of the majority.

Get me involved when the proper action starts, I’m not pandering to these people any more.

1 Like

Any radio coverage for today’s match?

WM have it on digital radio but dunno how accessible that is online for those that live outside the region.

1 Like

Seen people on Twitter suggesting that today’s result should take the heat off the board. Especially on the back of recent signings.

No it shouldn’t. Even when the season was going swimmingly there are threads on this site about some of the shambolic organisation at Walsall. The pricing, the queuing, the shop, the food, the bogs all manifesting themselves in people staying away.

Even if we were top of the league we’d be still right to take up these concerns as right from the get go this season it felt like the shoestring we run matchdays on had well and truly snapped. The Boxing Day shambles and the Scunthorpe fans’ treatment in recent weeks further evidence that the treatment of football supporters on matchday has reached, even by Walsall standards, an all time low at all time high prices.

Today’s result is fantastic and it’s ace to have a Saturday night like this for once. But it changes absolutely nowt in relation to the points Rob made in his letter.

18 Likes

I agree

1 Like

Jesus christ it’s happening again.

How shortsighted people are…it was never about results and that works for good results or bad.

4 Likes

we do have some cretinous fans :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Have you been reading the Brexit thread again Chunkster :rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl: since my last mauling i have wisely stayed away :wink:

Absolutely.

The minutes of Monday’s meeting shouldn’t include the names “Luke Leahy”, “Nicky Devlin” (don’t tell me Neuromatic is going :wink:) or even “Dean Keates.”

Monday is about “rent”, “freehold”, “flooded toilets”, “246 ticketing structures” and “exit strategy.”

I know some of these points were sort of answered a year ago but would be nice for the club to answer what progress they’ve made on some of those points in twelve months so to convince their fans/customers they’ll still be a functioning Walsall in 15-20 years time.

If anyone is going to discuss full backs you’re going to the wrong meeting I’m afraid.

3 Likes

I agree with you…the issues raised are the ones which should be discussed. Ticketing/pricing plus the food/toilets are the most immediate and need sorting before the “early birds” are advertised.The major issue of freehold/rent etc is more long term and relies on JB doing the right thing so the meeting next week will just be one small step along the way.

1 Like

Rinse and repeat of last years ‘stock’ answers will be the Management mantra, guaranteed, also guaranteed that all attendees will walk away, congratulating themselves and satisfied that things will change.
They won’t, until he’s gone, he won’t, “and why should he”.
The protests should continue, no matter how many spurious promises are made to placate the hoard of peasants.
Make life embarrassing and unpleasant for him at the Banks’.
Though I doubt a protest, no matter how well organised, away at
Blackpool, will have a ripple effect strong enough to topple the ash off their cigars in the Banks’ boardroom!

Cannot make it so could someone please tell them that we are fed up of this undisclosed malarkey, we understand why (for acouple of reasons) but it would be nice to know what we have paid or recieved sometimes.

There’s literally no point going. It’s their was of fobbing fans off. “See we are open, we do listen, we do sign players”. Then nothing changes for the majority of the rest of the year. I went once, it was a complete waste of time.

Judging by what has been reported since about these meetings I was correct.

1 Like

I’m unable to make tonight’s meeting due to work commitments but I’ve summarised my points below if anyone fancies throwing them at the assembled stooges (I did stand up and say my piece last year and would have again if I could):

The football club is in a definite period of decline - and I wonder how far does it have to deteriorate in order to get real action from the owner (I refuse to say board because all decisions come from the owner). I feel like our club that we supporters love is dying a slow death and it’s happening on your watch!

Attendances are declining, atmosphere is deteriorating, facilities are failing. Having read the clubs customer charter I would suggest the club is failing.

Mission Statement:
1.1 To be a successful professional football club:
I can only presume the board and the fans are miles apart on the success criteria of this one

1.4 To provide supporters with a safe and comfortable environment within the Stadium:
1.5 To deliver high quality services to our supporters, and to be a customer led and orientated organisation:
The state of some of the facilities is disgusting particularly in the toilets and probably equates to a H&S hazard on match days!

1.6 To further develop relationships with new and existing supporters, clients, sponsors, advertisers and other organisations and associations for the staging of professional football and leisure activities:
What developments have been ongoing to seek new supporters? What actions have you tried?

Customer Service:
(ii) Customer Service

We recognise that the customer is a fundamental element of our business and must be offered excellent service. We endeavour to understand our customer’s requirements and provide them with an efficient service of consistent quality.
If you believe you are excelling in this regard I’m all ears

(iv) Simplicity

Constant attention will be paid to keeping all systems as simple and ‘Consumer friendly’ as possible.
Have you seen our ticket pricing policy in comparison to West Brom or Birmingham’s? I’d suggest you take a look at some of our neighbours websites and see how easy it is for potential or floating fans to go and watch a local game in a higher division at a very competitive price in relation to ours!

Ticket Pricing:
Given the standard of football that home fans have been served up for the last few years it’s hard to understand why we pay so much! Has the club any grasp on supply and demand? I spent a mere 30 minutes playing with the attendance figures from the 2017/18 season and established that compared to our likely average gate receipts per match, we could try a £4 per ticket reduction to seek an average attendance of 6000, and achieve the same revenues. That’s not drastic but it wouldn’t half make a difference to the match day experience and probably the additional revenues from food, drinks, programs and merchandise would end up pushing up the overall match day revenues.

You the board are failing. You are failing the supporters, the employees, the town and your own Customer Charter. I’m not surprised you rush the AGM through in 5 minutes because if it were done properly there would surely be a vote of no confidence in the board. You should all go including the coward owner who hasn’t got the nerve to show up to these meetings with you!

2 Likes