Ben Sadler appointed as CEO

Good luck in future works. Only I hope his name wasn’t the only factor.
And if I was him, I would start to feel a little bit uneasy :wink:

Quite an interesting one, considering Pomlett was pointing to Morecambe (with a bit of a sneer, you always know when somebody says “no disrespect” that what will follow will be completely disrespectful) 2 years ago as an example of it being possible to get out of this division on limited resources.

Good CV, hopefully he can continue that here.

1 Like

Nepotism is alive and well clearly :smirk:

On a related issue I have heard that Northampton Town are about to announce the appointment of a load of cobblers.

5 Likes

Leaving .As the shrimps go sinking in the Mud

Well what’s this about points deducted for failing to pay players on time. I hadn’t heard about it til my son told me.

Morecambe have been deducted three points by the English Football League for failing to adhere to an agreed decision imposed in August 2023 after the club failed to pay players on time. The League Two side were given a suspended three-point deduction at the time and that has now been activated.11 Apr 2024

Morecambes average attendance this season is 3,979

As recently as 2017/18 it was 1,492. That’s a 166% increase. Both in league 2.

If the same were to happen at the Poundland it would be sold out every week :hushed:

2 Likes

Why are some of there fans seriously worried about there future existence then and nervous about investing in a season ticket .if there such a resounding success.

I don’t know. Something not right there if they’ve had a points deduction.

Looks like Ben Sadlers done a good job though, just looking at the raw facts. You can’t fool an extra 2000 people to come regularly.

Doing a bit of digging, the Morecambe owners seem well dodgy. Judging by the reaction of their fans, Sadler was one driving the Club forward to remain competitive despite everything else going on in the background.

6 Likes

Reading all 7 comments on morecombes forum none are negative about him, 5 wish him well.

3 Likes

Seems a great appointment indeed. Work off the pitch is fantastic tbf. :clap::clap:

Wow, that site has had some serious traffic just now, was 2 posts, including the original post, about half hour ago lol.

2 Likes

Looks a good appointment. Good to have someone with some younger, fresher ideas.

He certainly speaks well.

3 Likes

Sadler and O’Kelly look like two fantastic appointments for this club.

Looks like we’re finally starting to do things in the right way.

4 Likes

Seems a really promising appointment given his achievements at Harrogate and Morecambe

1 Like

Sadler out!!! Oops wrong thread :rofl::rofl::wink:

Pleased to see someone with Football experience appointed good luck

I concur with the sentiments, that this appears to be a positive appointment. Interesting to see how hes been at clubs with significant growth on and off the pitch in recent years. Until Morecambe imploded on itself anyway.

It will also be interesting to see how Morecambe do without him now. That name’s going to be confusing. All we need now is a Mat Boycott on board.