Bob Warman

Walsall’s favourite TV presenter was interviewed by Central News tonight from his home. Instead of the now common background of shelves of unread classic books, arranged hastily to give the viewer the impression of the interviewees intellect, our Bob simply had two tastefully framed prints behind him on his wall. I’m proud to say that the one on the left was a print of the last game at Fellows Park, viewed from The Laundry End.
Good on you Bob!

14 Likes

I wonder what his history is with the club?

That’s brilliant! Gew on Bobby!!! UTS

1 Like

I’ve never seen him down the match, but his fellow presenters often comment about his allegiance to The Saddlers.

1 Like

I’ve seen him at a few. Not enough though.

1 Like

I spotted that aswell mate.
Has he got a spare couple of million quid?

Ex Chuckery School man I think. All the best people went there :grin:

2 Likes

Bob … what a legend!

In 74-5 ATV Today ( as it was pre Central News) came live from Fellows Park on the night we played Man Utd with Bob Warman the man on the spot .

3 Likes

Bob hosted Central News was from our pitch on 14th February 1984. The night we played Liverpool in the Milk Cup semi.

3 Likes

He started his career at the Walsall Observer & used to hang out with the players in a coffee bar that he had an interest in during the 1960s, according to my old man. He’s definitely a Saddler through & through.

2 Likes

If only Pete Waterman had stayed loyal, we should be so lucky,lucky,lucky.

Yeah the bastard , I’ll have to have a word with Joey Savage to give him a thick ear … :wink: