Bolton Wanderers (A) - Sat 20th March, 3pm

I presume PT means the losing streak in Div 2 . He got the sack towards the end of it. So he had already proven himself by then, like Smith had . ( He started quite poorly, but results and performance were nowhere near as bad.)

This was a free hit of a game. We didnt expect anything from it.

His future is soley in the next 2 games. It has to be 6 points. Anything else then its time to go.

Because Clarke had a goalscorer, which is the primary reason DC was able to shithouse a few wins here and there. BD doesn’t, and that’s the real difference between his team and Darrell’s.

9 Likes

I think Clarke left on the 15th. The WPM was on the 1st. So somewhere before the 1st March my question to the board per the minutes was tabled about the board recognising that relegation was far more a possibility than the silly play off talk. May not have been before Clarke left but as I say, to me at least, per that question maybe the week after he left the trajectory was absolutely clear.

Amazed by how many people have suggested today was a free hit, we lost to Barrow last week.

1 Like

I’ll just leave this here:

While I admire the natural positive stance of any fan about their team, there comes a time you have to face reality. And my God, if now isn’t that time I don’t know when it will be.

I had thrown in the towel and I am gutted for getting reeled in again today. Just can’t help myself where this club in concerned. Thing is, what does the future hold? Our model is outshone by 60% of the clubs, not in this league, but the league below - and that will, in the end, inevitably lead to one thing.

Brian speaks

Dutton sounds completely dejected in his post match interview.

Will any of our so called strikers ever score again?

1 Like

As crap as they are, they are never going to score in this formation are they?

No wingers and Osadebe running around like a headless chicken, and a midfield can’t get over the half way line.

I think he left for a 3yr contract and bigger pay packet.

1 Like

Wonder is whites sending of means a change back to 4 at the back or will ccm start / scarr miraculously heal all wounds.
May be a blessing in disguise to force wingers in the pitch Tuesday

Four wins on the trot for Barrow. How ■■■■ must they be_

1 Like

The expected goals table did point to a Barrow upswing

2 Likes

Two wins on the bounce for Clarke. They are above us now. Oh how we laughed.

Noted on the Vale forum I see. Fair play to them.

1 Like

Don’t be gutted funk!
As depressing the situation is it’s actually getting quite interesting in a masochistic kind of way.

Can we stay up?
Can we ever win again?
Can a striker ever score again?
Can Dutton survive another two defeats at Southend and Grimsby?
Can Pom admit he’s hopelessly out of his depth as an owner of a football club?

For your next instalment tune in on Tuesday.

4 Likes

Didn’t expect anything from the last 2 games but what a good opportunity they would have been for a new manager to assess things in time for our 2 most important games since I have been watching them 42 years.

Through Pomletts total incompetency we now go into these massive games with a manager who is a dead man walking and it’s showing in the team.

POMLETT IS A SHAMBLES

6 Likes

Could the appointment of an experienced number two been a factor in their upturn?

3 Likes