Bury FC

How do you know we won’t end up like Hereford initially doing well then slow right down

1 Like

As I understand it, this grant is in order to keep the stadium within, and for the use of the community, rather than to prop up a mismanaged football club. The charlatans that ran it into the ground are long gone leaving the fans in the shit. There is no longer the opportunity to asset strip, therefore unlikely that a shyster will want to “invest”. At least in our case we have a commercial business worth investing in.

It is hard to see them coming back to league level anytime soon.

2 Likes

I see that Bristol City have announced a loss of £38.4 million for this financial year. They claim it’s due to Covid and a drop in transfer receipts.
So much for financial fair play.
I doubt they will get a points deduction.

1 Like

To be fair, FFP is linked to turnover so it may be legit. Fortunately for Bristol City, they have in Stephen Lansdown, one of the wealthiest owners outside the fat cat league so can easily ride it out.

Notts County rather than Bury, but another salutary lesson about too good to be true saviours coming in.

Sport’s Strangest Crimes - The Trillion Dollar Conman

Remember when they brought in Sven Goran Eriksson and Sol Campbell, at the time still a Premier League player? He did about a week of a 5-year contract.

Signed Kasper Schemichel from Man City as well. Crazy.

That’s what the podcasts are all about. Apparently Campbell came in, played just 1 game, smelled the coffee and washed his hands of it.