Buy something Walsall FC. Please

Surely they wouldn’t need a shop,if their online business was up to scratch.Amazon don’t need to open a shop.If Walsall can’t organise a decent online service,why don’t they open an account on Amazon?

1 Like

Disagree strongly about the shop Sid, but yes they should have a good vibrant online business.
The main point of having a shop as i said previously is the presence/contact/link with the town it represents. Also, a lot of people still like and prefer to browse in a shop.
Also, online will never gain you a new supporter.

3 Likes

I agree, I prefer to go in the shop and try things on as sizes vary so much. I also think a spot in another big store would be useful as Belphagor said. After all Argos is in Sainsbury’s. Perhaps in Asda’s shops around Walsall, Darlaston etc as this would certainly be great for fans around Willenhall and further out (thinking about myself of course :slightly_smiling_face:).

3 Likes

Spurs have got a High Street presence…in Southend.

Anybody happy to have a Dingle tat shop in Park Street?

Getting mine over phone next week

It’s nothing to do with gaining new supporters @shady53,you don’t go to the trouble of buying from the club shop unless you are already a fan,the point is, most people on UTS complain that the shop is hardly ever open,or is out of stock of the size they want,I would have thought that to save costs on staff and to be available 24/7 the answer has to be a top notch 100% reliable online business.

Tempted to get that christmas jumper.

https://www.walsallfcstore.co.uk/christmas/1201-8154-adult-christmas-jumper.html#/23-size-small

1 Like

Maybe in Poundland since we now have a sponsorship arrangement with them?

Sounds like a good match…:grinning:

Walsall FC face masks anyone?

1 Like

Ha ha. Bog rolls. Walsall FC bog rolls. That’s where the money is.

Yeah but if the club shop is never open there’s no point…

Season Ticket just purchased.

4 Likes

I can’t afford a season ticket i have spent it all on a bastard scratch card :joy:

5 Likes

Get some of your mates in on it… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I have, otherwise you wouldn’t have as many as you do have :joy: :joy:

1 Like

Already renewed the season ticket but keen to see how else we can help the club out at this time.

Presume some of the stewards and catering staff may be on zero hour contracts so they will be taking a bit of a hit.

2 Likes

I would say it would be a second job for most of them, but yes they would be taking a hit, i think there is a government contingency fund in place to help people that are losing out due to the coronavirus?

2 Likes

This was happening in August. I took the train to Bescot (I had a hotel in Birmingham at the time), arrived at around 11 am on a week day, and the shop was locked with no one in sight. I went towards reception, but only could get as far as the doors you mention. I rang the bell there and eventually somebody came to those doors. I was sent back to the shop and had to wait outside until someone came to let me in. It was raining at the time.

Once inside I found they had no shirts other than size S or XXL. I bought a cap and a scarf, and left.

The shop door was locked behind me, and the lady went back beyond the locked doors of the stadium.

I have found it easier to get into the Bank of England.

3 Likes

If the shop stocked bog roll or WFC branded ramen noodles it would be full right now.