Cambridge United (H) 16th Nov, 3pm

Not sure mate… I thought the same thing they really don’t help themselves with marketing do they… That could have been more people through the turnstiles if they knew one way or the other if you can pay on the day.

1 Like

Just got a response on Twitter and they said: “There will be a cash turnstile in the HomeServe lower ONLY tomorrow & tickets will still be priced at £5”

So I guess that means it’s £5 on the day everywhere, but only the lower HomeServe has a cash turnstile. For anywhere else you’ll need to go to the ticket office.

Same as any other match - just that the price is different.

But on any other match the price increases on matchday.

I seem to remember a game in the mid 80s (5-0 win in 84/85?) where one Cambridge fan - a bloke in a duffel coat - had the whole Laundry End to himself.

I think I was there as a kid with me dad, but I seem to remember him wearing yellow and black banded jumper looked like a bee jumping round to keep warm🤣

That was the bloke who had the tailor’s dummy with him dressed as a fan to make it look like there was more. They only won 4 games that season and got about 20 points.

Cambridge game is MASSIVE it really is… Start on the front foot, win and decent performance will help to get fans back on side, give the team confidence then we can hopefully push us on from we’re we find ourselves.
Defeat on the other hand and start with a defensive set up in front of a decent crowd will see Clarkes position as manager hanging by a thread. The noise of disgruntled fans will become louder.

1 Like

Have we really not played them since 2000? Time flies, and all that. The one goal by Bukran was a bit good.
I think it was the game when Mini was on the bench (can’t remember if he came on, don’t think he did) for Cambridge and he got a fair bit of applause from those who remembered him fondly- which was every Walsall fan who saw him I would think.

Anyway, tomorrow, 0-0 in front of 5207.

1 Like

He did come on. A cameo at the end. Great memories of that game.

That’s nice that he came on. I thought maybe we just applauded him in the warm-up or something.

The second goal was particularly special and you can view it by clicking the link below.

And yes, David Preece came on as a sub on 85 minutes (https://www.11v11.com/matches/walsall-v-cambridge-united-23-december-2000-3834/). Welsh would have spotted this but I’m not quite of his, erm, vintage.

3 Likes

Ive supported DC and the team all the way so far. I want us on the front foot from the off tomorrow. We have enough about us to beat Cambridge. Lets see some attacking confident football. No excuses.

2 Likes

Great link just spent half an watching second leg of the playoffs against Stoke

1 Like

Sorry half an hour

I find that madness tbh.

I would’ve popped down today and got a ticket but silly me thought common sense would be used and they’d be at least one cash turnstile available in the other two stands.

Queues are going to be much worse than usual if there is a decent walk up which is more likely with the offer.

2 Likes

It looks like this initiative is going to be a bit of a success, lets hope the football and result reflect it.

The tinkerman will put paid to any of that silly nonsense, watch for wholesale changes from Tuesday’s successful team…we must defend, defend, defend…we will have Adebayo up front to miss the sitters and a huge gap in the middle of the field for the mighty Cambridge to exploit. What more could you expect to entertain the masses?

1 Like

Great link to the Bukran goal(s). I could spend far too much time trawling those games, need to stay away, must be strong. :grin:

3 Likes

How much do attendances need to go up by to see this as a success? As in, to make more money than they would have otherwise. I’m ■■■■ at maths and can’t be arsed. It’s Friday night.

1 Like