Cambridge United (H) 16th Nov, 3pm

I’m the same as you mate, i am ■■■■■ at maths as well, i’m sure there will be someone that will be able to work it out :wink:

1 Like

4500 average home attendance of which roughly 2500 are season ticket holders. So if we said usually (with kids being cheaper) on whole we had 2000 paying £14 to get in.( My maths could well be wrong) but at a fiver a head for people who buy tickets that would mean to get the same sort of gate receipts you would need at least 7000 plus in attendance.

3 Likes

If you get an extra 1500 through the gate, you might lose money on ticket money, buts it’s an extra 1500 people to spend money on food,merchandise, beer,programes so probably evens it self out, has long as matchday facilities are upto to scratch and people are getting served in a reasonable amount of time, which we know this ain’t the case

3 Likes

No idea what to expect in terms of numbers today but if the attendance is a lot higher then the most important thing is the club has to handle it better than previously.

No 20 minute queues for pints - pre-pour the most popular drinks and have someone continuing to do so to make sure theres always a selection ready to go, it’s not rocket science. No running out of food before the match either, make sure everything is stocked and ready to go so the queues don’t get silly.

Initiatives like this are great but we need to be offering something worth coming back to so we get something out of them long term.

2 Likes

Think we’ll score a couple today, wether we keep them out at the other end is another matter.

I’ll go for a Desmond.

1 Like

‘Desmond’ lol. Youve just taken me back 30 years. Geoff, Carlos, Desmond and Douglas. Thx for that.

1 Like

I fancy this. 3-1 win…

This is a must not lose game for me, we need any point or 3 to stop this rot

This Sam Smiths been scoring for them most weeks so I’m guessing he will “Latch” onto a few through balls give our defenders “no peace” and is probably on a goal scoring bonus so will definitely have “money on his mind” 3-2 to the saddlers the prediction from me

Ok, don’t let your senses mistaken you. That’s only training game, not league, so 2-0, maybe even 3-0. More seriously, I’ll be happy with any win.

What team/formation do you reckon ERNIE has generated for DC today?

I didn’t think it was that sophisticated Andy,I thought it was just a case of “ok,all those who had cornflakes for breakfast,take one step forward”.

1 Like

Team News

L.Roberts; Facey, Clarke, Sadler Cockerill-Mollett; McDonald, Kinsella, Bates, Holden; Lavery, Gordon

Substitutes: Rose; Norman, Jules, Liddle, Hardy, Adebayo, Gaffney

1 Like

Bobby Shinton played for both too in 1970s

Surprised about Rose

Me too don’t see what he’s done to be dropped…

I think DC just feels like he has to change something !

1 Like

Knowing DCs team selections it could be Kory in goal !
Seriously though it looks ok I suppose

Looks like Scarr has put himself in the bad books to being subbed last week

Perhaps L. Roberts has scored a few in training.

1 Like

Think hes suspended