Cambridge United (H) Tue October 27th, 7pm

3-2 Saddlers we’ve got to win one soon surely ? Adebayo Lavery and Mcdonald

1 Like

I’m not sure if he’s injured or just coming back from injury , A peek into one of there forums and they was hoping he will be playing tomorrow :thinking:

Cambridge have won 5-0 away twice and are 2nd. They must be good and guaranteed to win, right?

I’m going to go out on a limb and say no. It may be hard to believe, but I think they have been very lucky to score as many as they have, capitalizing on the many defensive mishaps that occur in this division, albeit with a very good finisher in Mullin who can make the most of those opportunities.

Normally I’m a fan of DC changing his team and tactics, but I’ve changed my mind on this. I think the games come too thick and fast and there isn’t enough time to coach the players in new formations. I’m more certain than ever that any team that can cut out mistakes will have a good chance of being in the top 7.

With that in mind I’d like to see Walsall line up 4-2-3-1, which is the formation we’ve looked best with. If DC goes with this I reckon we will win.

Welshy’s favourite score 2-1!

When might we see Nolan back in the squad. What’s he done wrong ?

He did look like he had put on a bit of timber . May not have looked after himself during lockdown and now playing catch-up.

Really, well that aint right. If we’re paying his wages he should be fit and available.

Saddlers 6 (tactical changes)
Cambridge 2 (tactical changes)

Only 6 Scooby? We probably won’t recognise most of the team he picks when he inadvertently places names of the maintenance staff into the hat!! :wink: :woozy_face:

It’s not just us!

Daily Mail: ‘They keep changing from one system to another’: Martin Keown says Mikel Arteta is making the SAME mistakes as Unai Emery at Arsenal and failure to adapt is leaving side ‘static’ and ‘without rhythm’ '.

1 Like

Going on their results at Morecambe and Scunthorpe, looks like we may have to score at least 6 to be in with a shout of a result. Or will our defence (be it a 3, 4, 5, or even a flat back 9 - depending on what runes DC casts for selecting this one) finally decide to have an error-free game?

Booby Shinton, David Preece, Johnny Hancocks, Joe Mayo - plenty of attacking options from our two groups of players anyway. Might concede a few. :slightly_smiling_face:

Would rather lose against the mighty Cambridge 3-0 and pick an attacking line up than pick a defensive brick wall and maybe scape a nil nil.

1 Like

I’m assuming Clarke won’t be fit, so I’m expecting:
Roberts
White, Scarr, Jules, Nurse
Holden, Guthrie, Kinsella, McDonald
Adebayo, Lavery

If Holden’s not fit then Osadebe

7-0 Walsall. Stafflers to dance naked in the centre circle at half time, prompting a protest from Cambridge which is later declined by the EFL.

an Martin Butler, Jason Lillis, and they had a Martin Goldsmith ,(but I dont think he was one of us).

They like shopping at Walsall dow they.

Another fan-less game at the ground tonight. If anyone would like to chip in with any spends they would have made at the game it would be appreciated a lot…

1 Like

I’ll give you odds of 20/1 for all that to happen :crossed_fingers:.

Those odds, relatively speaking, suggest that it is quite likely to happen.

3 Likes

I think he meant to type 200,000/1 but got bored! :wink:

1 Like

That’s the type of line up (with the odd difference here and there) that we 5000 fans would chose, however, this is DC we have at the helm so expect something compleeetly different, most of us expecting a formation of 9-0-1 that should keep the mighty Cambridge at bay!