Cambridge United (H) Tue October 27th, 7pm

My Cambridge friend pointed out that they have never won at Walsall and suggested that if we keep Paul Mullin quiet then he thinks we will keep a run of 6 Walsall home wins and 1 draw since our first meeting in Dec1973 going.

2 nil to the Saddlers.

na there is no way we would score 7 goals :grin:

You just wait.

You forget young man i am now 59, i don’t have THAT long :grin:

To wait for the day when a Walsall side scores 7 goals? Most of us will be kicking up the daises, whilst humanity discovers life on another planet and there will be a figure 3 at the start of the year!

I’m afraid boring and dull goalless draw is the best we can get from this game, so probably we’ll see similar tactic and line-up. As long as they won’t score, draw is highly possible. But when they score first … nothing good will happen later probably.

I’ve seen Walsall score 7 (twice, against Brentford and Millwall) and 8 (once, against Southport). It was, however, a very long time ago … about time we did it again!!

2-1, Adebayo and Scarr goals.

Macclesfied away too Welsh

3-0 to them!

8-0 away at Notthampton

I Also saw us beat Preston 7-3.

1 Like

That was my first ever game, when my older brother took me to FP and introduced me to the phenomenon that was Colin Taylor. You’re right! It was a long time ago.

I think DC’s team sheets could be replicated by an infinite number of monkeys with an infinite number of typewriters,EVENTUALLY :grinning:

3 Likes

Expecting Clarke to pick 8 defensive players rather than let the opposition worry about us and attack them.

1 Like

Also 8 against Torquay in an FA cup replay (3-3 at FT with the final kick of the game being a shot from them that hit both posts before bouncing out - 30 minutes later it was 8-4!) Never expect to see that happen ever again.

And then there was the 7 away at Macclesfield (also in the cup).

What’s been the biggest win in recent times?

5-0 vs Crawley sticks in the mind.

And what about the times we have been hit for 7 and 8? i was at the Bristol City game in 2015 when we lost 8-2 and it was one of the best away day atmospheres i have experienced

Again I’ve put my code in and they’ve charged me, I did everything I usually do. Been on the chat and he was a waste of time. According to the email from the club the lines will be open for any queries, load of bull just a recorded message.

You have to click on Apply before hitting Pay (or Pay With This Card as the one at the bottom still not working for me).

If you send them an e-mail giving your voucher code and explaining, they should refund you - but (from experience) may take a while!!

1 Like