Carl Rushworth Call Up

Congratulations to Carl, rewarded for his outstanding form for us since the start of the season. He misses Salford on Saturday which is a blow.

Surely his situation sheds some positive light on the club for future recruitment of young players. It’s a decent shop window if you’re willing to come here and give your all

8 Likes

Wow, we can kiss goodbye to him soon.

Congrats :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2:

3 Likes

Well deserved. This lad will go far

1 Like

Well done young man , you are doing a great job for us shame we will lose you soon.

2 Likes

Future premier league keeper that lad 100%

Congratulations Carl, very well deserved.

I Said he’d play for England.

No dramas with rose stepping up. Looking forward to him being in goal Saturday.

2 Likes

Chuffed to bits for him, we’re lucky to have him. Good chance to Rose to stake his claim, which without this call up he could have been waiting quite a while for!

Good luck Carl…you deserve your call up.

Well done to the lad. Will without doubt go onto play for the senior team. Lets enjoy him whilst we have him.

Rose is solid enough though, no qualms with him playing Saturday (He was always going to play tonight anyway) In fact I thought he had a really good pre season, was just a shame for him we bought a keeper in with the calibre of Rushworth

On the other side of the coin hopefully Rose will learn a lot from training every day with a keeper of the caliber of Rushworth and will improve his own game ready to step into our regular keeper spot once Rushworth moves on to the bigger and better things that are obviously awaiting him in his professional career.

1 Like

Slight down side- no cover if Rose gets injured or sent off. Only the youth keeper in reserve.

Yep me too, good luck to the lad :clap: :clap:

What a tremendous talent Carl is, a future full cap there is no doubt.
This call up means, in all probability, we’re going to lose him before the season ends, sad for us but delighted for Carl.

Best keeper we’ve ever had I think better than Walker ,Ince , Johnstone, O’Donnell, Murphy , Etherridge, all good keepers bit Rushworth tops the lot

It’s a fair shout , though we have had some great keepers , Parkes , Wallington , Walker among several others .
For purely nostalgic personal reasons my favourite has always been Bob Wesson ,

3 Likes

Walker Etheridge and Ince were great keepers this lad will be better than them all

I’m sure Rushworth is many years younger than those keepers when they were first choice at Walsall.

Will only get better. Let’s see what strikers Brighton can send in January to compensate him going back.

1 Like

Brighton’s defensive record is pretty good tbf. Think he’ll stay whole season.

1 Like

I agree. Brighton know how good he is, and knowing that, they sent him here on a season long loan. I think he’ll be here until May.

2 Likes