Carlisle United (H) January 2nd, 3pm

That’s too kind I’d have just said he wasn’t worth your keyboard time.

Scrimshaw’s loan expires on the 3rd of January so he should be available for Saturday.2-0 defeat coming up I fear.

Indeed he did, but he’s another of these “distant” connections - we signed him from Derby County after his Carlisle stint, and he moved on to Burton Albion. He was with us 2007-09, played 51 games but didn’t score (well, he was a full-back after all…)

No intention to pile on Welsh at all, I just find this stuff interesting. :joy:

It would be just like us to turnover Carlisle and for some reason I think we will . But its those Poor performances that we keep putting in when hopes are high against less fancied teams in poor form at home that really ■■■■ you off. 2-1 win

1 Like

https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/18979237.carlisle-united-boss-provides-injury-covid-19-update-squad-ahead-walsall-game/

These also have a few players missing I’d take a point.

It depends which Walsall team shows up, one without Holden, I might add.
A winnable game, we have to win if we’re going to salvage our season.
Please keep Osadebe on the bench, he made so many poor decisions when he came on on Tuesday i’m sure DC was pulling his hair out.
We have to cut out the errors that continue to plague us, out of position, missing tackles, poor defending, missed penalties and hoofing the ball to nowhere.
The squad has to put the Holden injury behind them, he’s probably gone for a few months and there’s nothing to be done except to get on with it.

I still have faith but the Scunthorpe performances are really testing it.

Bumped into a Carlisle fan today (Carlisle hat wearing). Having furtively scanned the horizons for armed police I took a chance and broke the law by having a minute’s craik with him as he was with his missus.

He was singing the praises of John Mellish who apparently is from Tyneside, but who I have to admit I’ve never heard of. Apparently they signed him as a gangly defensive midfielder from Gateshead and he’s scored double figures this season and has a hell of a shot on him.

My mind drifted to memories of Dean Peer and how he randomly terrorised defences for a couple of months pre Christmas 1993.

5 Likes

Do we actively look for talent lower down at Walsall Geordie? Because we here about stories like this all the time year upon year don’t we?

1 Like

I think is quite clear that we are an 11 man team, and when one of them or one of the 3/4 better players are injured we are limited, with Holden now out we don’t have a lot of creativity in midfield, hence the hoofball tactics, so i can only see us losing this one, unless DC parks the bus.

1 Like

3-1 win

Adebayo, Scrimsaw and Gordon

1 Like

You drunk belph? :rofl: bit early yet…

3 Likes

He is an hour in front, can’t wait until 11.00 pm :laughing: :wink:

2 Likes

Haha

Not at all. Had lunch at the beach bar this afternoon and as I was driving I stuck to the “sin alcohol” beer.

Just opened my first beer of the evening, still deciding whether to go out or not. Bars/restaurants have permission to open until 1am tonight instead of having to close at 10:30, but I’ve got a nice fire going so may just show solidarity with you all and have a night in.:wink:

Looking forward to the game tomorrow. :+1:

2 Likes

Whatever you decide to do have a good en and happy new year to you and the family :+1:t2:UTS.

1 Like

Are you watching the Villa then?

:joy:
I realised about 10 minutes ago. It’s bloody New Year’s Day. Should be a football day :rage:

1 Like

Nevermind, you’ll just have to go back to the OPEN bar overlooking the sundrenched beach…(git :kissing_heart:)

1 Like

Don’t forget the BBQ fish :grin:

1 Like

1-2, same as last season. Really hope to be wrong though.