Carlisle United (H) January 2nd, 3pm

Ex Sunderland youngster. Read about him in the Times last month but you need to subscribe so Evening Chronicle will have to do!

Looks like one of those who will quickly go back up the leagues through good old hard graft so fair play.

Watched Carlisle early in the season get murdered by Oldham and they looked a woeful set up, indeed I tipped them as relegation candidates, how wrong I was!
Recent matches have proved they are a threat to the Automatic spots, some of their goals are dispatched with ruthless efficiency, (apart from a defensive blip against Notlob), so they look far too strong for our weakened, inconsistent, confidence-shot lads, so expect a Salford like 0-3 mauling.

Chris Beech says Carlisle Utd will tomorrow come up against a Walsall side capable of beating – or losing to – anyone in League Two.

Well summed up by their gaffer.

Correct I mean who wouldn’t want an overweight midfielder on their books?

OK, that’s New Year after all. Good result and injury free game.

1 Like

Great player he was for us, and a Central African Republic legend

1 Like

I bet he’s watched us, that’s cheating!

As usual.

1 Like

A bit like your super optimistic self who was gonna come back to all us whingers with vengeance when we climbed up to the dizzy heights of the top half of the 4th Division!
Take a dose of realism with your next tipple.

Will the game be on I wonder. How much snow are you getting in the Walsall area?

He is just repeating what Darrell said in his interview with WM on Tuesday.

Snow had thawed, snowing now but only light.
Wonder if Carlisle have had trouble with passports and Boarder Control.

OK, everything is white in Telford after snow in the last couple of hours or so, seems to have stopped for now, but more forecast. Get the Colin Braziers out! :smile: :snowflake: :smile:

Big, big game for Liam Roberts this afternoon. His performance will determine the result considerably. I’m also curious to find out who takes the penalty if we get one today. I would say Norman or possibly Lavery (if he is on the pitch at the time).

Isn’t it about time Guthrie did something of note as well? I’m going to go for a Guthrie free kick, a Roberts clean sheet and an unlikely 1-0 win!

Happy New Year for 2021 everybody! I raise a toast to 3 valuable points to our promotion push! :grinning::red_circle::white_circle::heart::soccer:

2 Likes

Think we will need to score 3 to win this game, so for that reason I’m going for a 2-1 defeat

Snows coming down here in Pelsall hope they’ve got them covers on again!!

Who is planning to watch the game today? providing it is still on.

Heavy snow in Bloxwich now too and a forecast for sleet/snow at Bescot from now until tonight.

Any news of an inspection at all? Haven’t seen info one way or another from club.

Thought there would be one early if they are travelling down today…

See Barrow - Exeter is off due to a frozen pitch. I daresay a few Grecian fans are glad they weren’t allowed to go!

It’s stopped now and according to Michael Fish there’s nothing to worry about those people have been told there’s a blizzard coming don’t worry it’s not happening.

2 Likes