Cash Flow

And if any evidence is needed as to how much WFC values cash flow and pulling on the loyalty of fans to hand money over

Look at how many announcements / changes in management / initiatives / commitments from the board come at the time of “Early Bird”

Look at the new kit we won’t wear for 6 months that’s just been released. Classic example

Surely there’s a few scenarios that could be happening:

1. The club don’t care at all about the football side and fans, if that’s the case we may as well all walk away.

2. They do care but they don’t know how to positively change, surely as fans it’s in our vested interest to work with the club to show them how to make positive change and work with the newish chairman?

3. They only want our money regardless and don’t care what level we play at. This is where a financial boycott would come in. I get the thought behind this but surely that would mean as a club they are making lots of money out of us and the club but other than the pension fund I don’t see this happening currently. If that’s the case hitting Pomlett and his team in the pocket won’t sort that and will merely bring about administration and our demise quicker?

At the end of the day the lease on the ground isn’t going anywhere quick and no investor seems to be showing an interest that I know of. Surely in that case it’s in all fans interest to gain an audience with Pomlett when ever and as often as we can and work with him to make sure his intentions are good and push forward to make us more successful, not speed up our demise?

6 Likes

In my humble opinion removing business from WFC’s sponsors smacks of pettiness & would have zero impact.
There are Spurs fans that won’t fly on Emirates because they sponsor Arsenal.
There are Fulham fans that won’t put Yokohama Tyres on their cars because they sponsor Chelsea.
There are Man U fans that won’t fly on Etihad Airways because they sponsor Man City.
Does any of this have a significant impact upon any of these businesses? I very much doubt it.

Really, I believe that LP is fully cognisant of the problems that the club is facing, both on & off he pitch right now & that he will do something about it, though I agree that it would be good to hear something from him that has a bit of substance to it & soon. Let’s not forget, he’s got a fair amount of his own money at stake here.

4 Likes

And if we succeeded in bringing the club to its knees , who would actually step in to take control , I suspect there would be a very short queue of reputable takers

2 Likes

Totally different reasons
Totally different scales

Agree it is petty but impacting cash flow even for a month or two will make people pay attention. Ask anyone in here with the most basic knowledge of how a company relies on cash flow. But we are reluctant to back this as we are “supporters”

Which happens to be the very same reason why we are mocked and mugged off by the football club … because we are supporters and sentiment accompanies our cash

Nothing wrong with that, in my eyes. Barcelona did it with their “El Clásico” 4th kit this season to bring in much needed revenue (@ €130 a pop & worn only once!), so why not WFC??

Pomlett stays but puts football first

And structure in place to allow it to thrive

1 Like

Oh yes course he will , after you’ve bankrupted his business :thinking:

2 Likes

I like the fact that everyone is emailing the SLO to get their frustrations heard, if people are fed up so much that they don’t want to watch us or don’t feel they want to put their money into the club because they get nothing out of it then fair enough, it’s your money, you do what you want with it and I understand it.

Not buying anything or any sponsor to do with the club JUST because you want things to improve isn’t the right way to go about it in my opinion. But do think all ideas should be respected or else we become that fanbase again where nobody wants to offer ideas on how to give the club a kick up the arse in fear of being ridiculed and we just sit by letting ■■■■ happen.

6 Likes

It depends on how you see Walsall Football Club. What exactly is it? What does the club stand for? Does it even represent us anymore?

Because of a lack of information, the lack of ambition, the lack of care for its paying customers (totally free to give of course, but we have been conditioned into accepting it), I now see it as one mans pension pot, funded by managed decline. If this isn’t the case, then LP can come out and tell us.

I have had a rotten time myself and have not earned even 25% of my income from 2019 in the 15 months. I am not putting another penny into this operation until we at least get treated with a little respect rather than as a nuisance. Hanging on to caring at all by the skin of my teeth.

9 Likes

Wtf does it have to do with Homeserve :man_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob:

1 Like

Or cutting your nose off to spite your face.

2 Likes

If sponsors start getting dragged in to things the people they sponsor tend take note.

Do you think the football club is run as well as it could be and gives the fan base what it deserves.

It all depends on how passionate you are as to the lengths you’d be prepared to see things go

I’d support Walsall if they were in the West Mids Lg, Evo Stick or Conference. Can’t support a tin pot regime taking advantage of loyal fans.

These talking shop fan groups have achieved what ?

Or swallowing a spider to catch a fly.

2 Likes

Or fouling your own nest.

2 Likes

What’s the chance of a certain local millionaire buying back what he sold for a cut price. :thinking:
Careful what you wish for. :flushed:

All this talk of boycotting sponsors is funny. Can anyone tell me which of our sponsors is going to care much about a couple of hundred Walsall fans boycotting them? None.

The way it’s being spoken about you’d of thought we’d signed Ched Evans before his innocence was proven.

3 Likes

But when you mention they are taking advantage of loyal fans that suggests they are gaining from it. I don’t see anyone really gaining at the moment and I certainly don’t see our current chairman getting rich off us still supporting the club.

Yes I want us to turn things round and I want to help change Matchday experience etc but outside of us helping the club to survive currently I don’t think anyone is gaining on the current board from our support.

1 Like

I think you may have misunderstood my post certainly not wishing for that .
Although on reflection I seriously doubt he would have allowed the situation to get where it is now . I reckon he would be protecting his investment.

1 Like