Cash Flow

The problem is that a successful boycot would inevitably lead to administration and a 12 point deduction.
That would guarantee conference football, and the loss of more disaffected fans.

2 Likes

And we wouldn’t even be able to drown our sorrows with a pint or two of Banks’s or Hobgoblin. :scream:

I get that Saddla it’s not what I want

But the club need to realise times have changed

It might be the club we support

But to The people doing a bad job and not being held to account apart from a few questions at a WPM … it’s their livelihoods, mortgages etc on the line

The mere threat of a blanket boycot throwing in Some bad press via sponsors would no doubt kick their arses in to gear

For the first time the fans have the potential to push the club to do things properly

Well that’s no great hardship is it? :grinning:

1 Like

I do feel sorry for Pomlett,he has been left in an impossible position,he is tasked with stopping the club from going bust (not an enviable job by any means) . I don’t understand people calling for him to invest money in the club (WHAT MONEY?) or calling for him to resign (TO BE REPLACED BY WHO?). But what I do agree with,is the fans getting more honest,straight answers to questions which at the moment are being treated as non of our dammed business. And yet I’ve heard the club saying time after time “we’re all in this together…now give us your hard earned money”.

1 Like

I’m not asking him to invest more money

He can invest less if he wants to

But don’t preside over a shambles and not try to sort it out

Get a football structure with the right people

1 Like

Always a silver lining!

1 Like

Absolutely no chance would that be the mentality, there won’t be any extra cash in the summer… there never is!

How are you defining extra money though?

I wonder how many former league clubs now in the National league or lower thought exactly that

Definitely that’s the problem really and I think it’s why established league clubs eventually drop, total complacency really.

2 Likes

Enough to actually buy us a proven striker, not an u23 loan without a goal to his name.

1 Like

So your definition of extra money is based on a specific circumstance. Fair enough that’s what you want. My theory about the having extra cash gamble was based on in the summer we would have X to get players and with this money we will have X+Y. This will help us be more competitive next season than just having X. Either way if that’s happened it’s a gamble that could seriously backfire.

No that was just one example, but as it stands it’s haunted us for a while.

I would also add defenders and midfielders to that list, that’s what I mean by cash.

I get that but your original point was there won’t be extra cash there never is. My point is the above about it increasing our budget from one figure to a higher figure, still doesn’t guarantee we can buy proven players!

But that decision is literally down to the club isn’t it, we need to become slightly more competitive when it comes to signing players.

Expecting a Move away from relying on free loans, is not exactly setting the bar high.

2 Likes

I’ve not denied that at all but you could argue having a player like Danny Guthrie turn up at the club is an example of us making a decent on paper signing but I digress.

At no point here am I arguing that every one of us would like more proven players in our team, my original point was about that at all though it was that I have a gut feeling the club gambled to give them a bigger budget in the summer and that gamble may prove to be a very bad gamble to have made.

I have to disagree Rob. The CEO of Homserve is down to his last £460 million. He’s going to need those £20 a month policies from all us fans.

How is he going to afford to feed his horses, and heat up his swimming pool in his mansion without my £20 a month!!??

Can’t Leigh ask him if he has any interest in buying a football club?! :joy:

3 Likes

We are nicknamed Smallsall for a reason and if this small club mentality continues by the men in charge, we won’t be small we will be extinct (in terms of football league survival).

Aslong as the rent is paid :+1: