Cheltenham Town (A) 21st November, 3pm

We’ll give them a goal. We can’t score. They can. 0-3.

1 Like

Think we are 7/2 for a win with most firms mate , I’ll be having a bit of that.
Alongside. The. Usual. 4 0. 4 1. 5 0. 5 1. Score line. It’s got to go in at some point mate. And should be decent odds with a win being 7/2

1 Like

How depressing reading these predictions! You’d think we were playing Chelsea, not Cheltenham Town!!

1 Like

How far have we fallen as a football club in that we are expecting a hammering at the hands of such big, historic football clubs as Newport county and Cheltenham town.

Thanks Jeff :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

5 Likes

0-3 Scrimmy hat trick :wink:

2 Likes

Apart from Killers curveball, is that destined for a Disney film perhaps? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It all seems a bit negative on here, but don’t forget lads we have the Clarke comedy sketch to look forward to at about 2’ish as he does his ‘picks some names out of the hat’ routine! :wink:

1 Like

This would be my team (allowing for fitness concerns that we actually know about):

Roberts

Norman
Scarr
Jules
Nurse

Kinsella
Guthrie
Holden

McDonald
Adebayo
Lavery

Let’s see how many players I’ve got correct? I don’t think I’ve ever predicted all 11 in 2 years with Clarke as manager!

2 Likes

Even Clarke won’t be able to get eleven correct this many hours before kick off. :grin:

3 Likes

Bang on. Do you ever stop and think just how far we have fallen. A few of us predicted this fall when Bonser was quite clearly taking the ■■■■ for the last few years. Its sad.

I cannot see beyond a Cheltenham victory either. 2-0.

1 Like

I’m optimistic (obviously not the poster “Optimistic” that used to regularly post on here), that we can get a point out of this.

2-2 with goals from McDonald and Holden.

Well your on a racing certainty with Flapatit & Lavery!

1 Like

Ah! how we long to see that phrase used again after a Walsall match! :wink:

2 nil win.
Holden direct from a corner when their first man slips as he takes it.
Roberts direct from punt down field.

2 Likes

It’s his birthday today @Worsul4eva I’m hoping that he gets some crisp, clean bed linen in Cheltenham. I once won a bet on a horse at Cheltenham called Scarface so maybe old 50p head/foot will prove me wrong today. Obvious jokes about ‘hoof’ it incoming… :joy:

We will roll our sleeves up, get stuck in and keep it tight for 50 - 60 minutes, then they will score and when we are chasing the equaliser but having no luck because we have zero creativity, they will get the second.

Ffs, feel like AM / W4eva here!!

2 Likes

Surely time to give Rose a chance in the league…

Our goals conceded record is decent over the whole season and Roberts also made some important saves against Southend. It is also his birthday! But, I agree, @DanG_WFC that Rose is certainly knocking on the door and will definitely come into serious contention in the months to come…

Ironically, Roberts is one of our more experienced players and right now, we need experience and as settled a back line as possible.

2 Likes

I’m in two minds whether to set fire to a tenner or put myself through pain for a couple of hours, knowing that we will lose and probably play dreadfully too.

I’m still annoyed by last week’s debacle.

3 Likes

This is a very fair point!
It’d maybe be worth doing it if we weren’t changing every outfield player (apart from favourites unless forced) every game.

1 Like