Chunky

Such sad news. Really nice bloke with many stories to tell, all as interesting and as funny as the last. We used to message a few times on here including during his cancer treatment, always remaining positive.

Didn’t realise that my girlfriend’s brother was friends with him too and last night he spoke about what a lovely bloke he was. He went to measure his windows not long ago, only took 2 minutes and spent an hour and half there chatting away, told me a story of how his son wanted a fish tank and was going to start saving his pocket money, so Chunk asked how much it’d cost, his reply was about £40. Chunk handed him some money and said ‘here’s £20 to get you started.’ Just showing what a lovely bloke he was.

RIP Chunk.

11 Likes

One of those posters you were pleased to see contributing something, because you knew it would be worth reading. Terribly sad news, especially for the family at this time of year. In another life you could imagine him as quite a celebrity given his abilities as a raconteur. A huge loss to our little community.

3 Likes

It’s so hard for me to come on here right now and try and explain how sad I am feeling.
Getting the news yesterday from Sandra about one of the nicest, kindest people you could wish to meet leaving us way to early, and someone I’m proud to say was a friend of mine.
I have tried to put a message on here several times and each time end up deleting it as it doesn’t explain in words how sad i am and for Sandra and all his family and friends.
Words will never be enough, will miss you mucka x

45 Likes

RIP Chunkster

Rip Chunkster. Proper old school lad.

3 Likes

R.I.P Chunks - great poster.

1 Like

He was a legend mate, i wish i’d have had the pleasure of knowing him as well as you and others. Stay strong mate, nobody can take the memories away :sparkling_heart::broken_heart::sparkling_heart:

Thinking of you nick at this sad time

When we spoke in the railway two weeks back I could feel your pain. As we spoke of chunkster

But always remember what wonderful memories. He has left behind mate. And if I know him he’s up there now causing mischief and giving old Cyril The runaround

2 Likes

:rofl:. Him and Cyril will be joining forces to give Vale and Shrews the runaround mate :+1:

1 Like

Used to play golf in the same society as Chunky back in the day, always good for a laugh, another good person gone too early.
Rip

That is awful. He was posting very recently and his absence does not seem possible.

We live on in the memories of our friends and family and even those of us, like me, who knew him only through UTS, will treasure those memories. Those who knew him better will suffer more but let’s try to celebrate the life.

7 Likes

Cancer knows no boundaries. It’s a bloody awful disease. I’ve seen first hand how my dad died 3 years ago after only being diagnosed 9 weeks earlier. My thoughts are with Chucks family at this time :broken_heart:

1 Like

Incredibly sad news. Its clear from his contributions on here, and from what’s been said by those that knew him closely, that he lived his life to the full, on the front foot with a humour and positivity that enriches others. I think that’s the best anyone can do, RIP.

11 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear this. I never met him and we didn’t agree on many things but he always made me laugh and some of his stories were legendary.

Rest in peace, Chunks.

1 Like

A terrible disease that has taken so many of my family and friends.
Chunkster, thank you for making this forum better with your insightful words and kindness to others.
May you rest in peace and my deepest condolences to your family.

2 Likes

Sad news indeed. May he rest in peace.
UP THE SADDLERS

2 Likes

Oh my lord.

That really has shocked me, he was such a lovely guy.

He reached out to me during Covid while my family were suffering with it:


He’s also messaged me a couple of times privately on maters of being kinder to others, and encouraging me to try to be that way. I’ve not always succeeded, but he was nonetheless correct.

RIP. Wish I could have reached out to help like he did for me

31 Likes

That sums up who he was mate, unless you were an away fan trying to get into the Street End back in the day :rofl::rofl:. A topbloke who will be sadly missed :cry:

3 Likes

That’ was chunkster mate

Small in stature. But huge in heart. And as brave as a lion

And I guarantee. He would have not wanted a thing in return.

A total one of was chunkster.

3 Likes

O no!! Awful news. Will miss him loads. Thinking of all his family at this sad time :cry::cry::pensive:

1 Like