Clarke

I for one don’t blame anybody for clutching at straws I do it myself I try so hard to see good things over bad but the bad outweighs the good by a country mile at the moment.Now from where I’m sitting we have a manager who has multiple qualifications and is whole heartedly committed to the cause he wasn’t just given these qualifications he’s earned them so half the battle is having a manager who wants us to succeed I have slated him in the past as you’ve probably seen but on reflection he cares and can put things right does he regret his signing I’d say yes he most certainly does but we have no choice but to stick with what we have and make improved signings in January hopefully a few good quality new faces will improve everybody’s contribution and we can kick on up the league

2 Likes

We just need to support the Owner, the Manager and the Team and stop calling for changes every season. Just 14 games and here we go again. Its obvious now Bonsers gone that there can be no hidden agenda and they want to win games and get promoted.

The only reason Keates had a bit longer was because the people calling for Whitney to go wanted Keates in so lay low for a while.

So now some fans want another owner, another manager and a mostly new team.

Get real!

Wrong wrong wrong…no one wants new anything…We all want a bif of passion and desire from the players is that too much too ask or should i wait another year for that too?

ps…14 games is a quarter of the season…are you happy with the games so far?

Bonser hasn’t gone though has he?

3 Likes

Budget for me if this was Bonser and i hate the bloke he would be getting absolute pelters on here over this squad.

1 Like

Ye agree with that and that’s why I refuse to give DC a hard time.

Yes we can criticise his singings but I bet a good majority of them he didn’t want to sign himself :joy::joy:

1 Like

When you sign so many players it is not surprising that some are useful and others don’t make it with us. Someone posted earlier if you get a success rate of around 50% then thats about the average for signings. The ones who I think have done Ok(or better) are Clarke,Sinclair,Jules, MacDonald Sadler. and Gaffney. I cannot comment on most of the rest…they have either been injured(Facey,Pring,Lavery) or not used very often.(Rose, Kearsey). That leaves us with the 3 most disappointing ones (so far) Liddle, Adebayo and Holden.I think the signing of the first was a bit of a waste. He does provide decent cover at RB but the money could have been better used. As for the other 2 then they were gambles which haven’t come off so far.
One other point I would make is that due the succession of injuries we haven’t yet been able to try out Gaffney with Lavery up front or played a 3 at the back with Pring and MacDonald as wing backs…those joys are possibly still to come!!!
To sum up…a very mixed bag of signings, too many poor performances, a very poor division and and a disappointing haul of points. Things can only get better…I hope!!

7 Likes

What’s happened to Kiersey? He made one appearance v Crewe, and did okay, and now he’s not even in the squad?

All will be ok when we “gel”

Problem with that is all those 3 play regularly

1 Like

Agreed but possibly only because of the injuries I mentioned. Maybe they will not be picked if we ever get a fully fit squad.

Completely forgot about Pring. Hard to see him getting a look in with Jules looking really good at left back although of course Zak could go to CB which could make sense as there is a lack of pace there.

Same here mate how many managers can the fans keep blaming? something at the club obviously still aint right for me.The service in the stadium suite is still appaling and so are the kiosks as well.

1 Like

For god’s sake the bar in the stadium suite , has absolutely nothing to do with player recruitment , unless Clarke is running that as well !
He has signed a load of poor quality players whatever the budget is .
There are lots of clubs in this league with similar or smaller budgets .
I’m not saying he should go but he really needs to get his act together and at least put something on the pitch worth watching .

1 Like

I am glad there are other supporters who think the same way as me about Kinsella, I really hoped he would turn down our contract offer in the summer, never understood the hype about him, not a very good midfielder at all. His best games have all come at right back, now remind me which position on the pitch (apart from all over the field) is causing us major problems, oh yes right back/wing back, why aint we played him there, got to be better option than Norman and the totally useless Liddle

1 Like

Really hope Clarke can turn this around, however he is responsible for putting this squad together and on the whole it is poor. In this league luck probably plays as a much a part in recruitment as judgement, however he must accept responsibility, as Pomlett said when much of the business was done ‘ the club have not failed to get Clarke his target’.
Clarke’s peculiars are beginning to wear thin on me personally. His attitude towards media questions and the releasing of info such as contracts and injuries, initially had me intrigued and offered a breath of fresh air compared to the nonsense spoken by his predecessors.
With this said I am beginning to change my mind and feel his attitude towards the media questions and releasing information to the fans is little more than arrogance.
He talks a very good game in terms of treating each game like a project, justifying his reasoning for changing the line up every game but let’s be real, it’s not working and he needs to admit that in order to move forward. The top teams in every league play a consistent line up week in week out, this is not a coincidence, it’s the key to being successful!

4 Likes

We are 14 games into a managers reign, and there are people calling for him to go?

For ■■■■ sake.

Our fan base is embarrassing.

11 Likes

I remember him saying at meet the manager evening he don’t like talking to the press about injuries as it can give opposition managers an idea of his team selection, tbh I’ve never heard such crap, fans have a right to know if players are injured or not.
The refusal to let fans know about players contract lengths is also a load of crap, their agents know when contracts are near to ending so will tout their names to other clubs, all this does regarding contracts and injuries is frustrate the fans, me personally think we are missing Lavery up top with Gaffney yet no mention when he’s gonna be ready as the Messiah don’t want to let his opposing manager know FFS there’s 3500 hardcore paying fans that want to know, so he thinks it’s better for the football club to keep 3500 fans guessing and summasing just so 1 opposing manger don’t know what cards he’s gonna play, I’ll be honest looking at his selections and substitutions I don’t think he knows himself.
Come on DC start talking to the fans like every manager in the football league does, give us some idea what’s happen at OUR club, let us know when we can expect players to feature, it really ant gonna make that much difference is it ?

6 Likes

I think it’s more like the size of the playing budget that dictates this.

I think that the fact he changes the line up each game is because he’s realising most of the signings he’s took a gamble on coming good are falling well short .

I get your frustration and everyone else’s including mine towards the manager after buying a season ticket , and going to away games , but I think he’s got players in he has hoped he could turn into decent signings and has found most failing in his expectations so is clutching at straws with the constant changing personel in this position and then that in the hope of finding a winning combination.
It make no sense to get rid of a manager who has the qualifications and the now how to turn a club into a winning club , he just needs the playing funds to get the quality of the players required to make it work.

1 Like

But I think the less competitive your budget, the moreluck becomes disproportionately important

But why not at least give the players a chance by giving them a run doing something they know how to?I remember Sir Ray saying a couple of times how he made sure every player had simple instructions, and knew his role so they had no excuse if they didn’t do what was asked. This, " every game’s a project" is looking to me increasingly like an affectation, and one neither DC nor we can afford. If players can’t be relied on to perform a simple role, what chance is there of them successfully changing their role from match to match?

5 Likes