Club Shop stock

Serious question… has the club ever offered the supporters any reward over the past couple of decades? I.e free travel or anything ?

Sorry, still trying to get my head round this sentence.

You’re suggesting there’s no profit in selling refreshments to punters, and therefore above and beyond a certain limit, the club shouldn’t bother?

I’m sure that’s not what you’re saying (because that would be incredibly stupid), but that’s what it sounds like.

In business there is a balance to be found between tying up too much cash in stock (especially perishables) and stocking your points-of-sale adequately so that you can maximise profits. Given the sheer amount of regular reports of stuff not being available, punters unable to get drinks etc etc, it’s clear the club is not making anywhere near the amount of profit they could be. Just take a look at the Accrington chairman’s twitter feed, where he shows what a club of our size can be selling on a match day. It comes to something when Accrington (“who are they?”) are light years ahead of Walsall (“well run club”) at, err, running a club.

My comment was aimed at selling a few shirts in the club shop.

I’m far from stupid.

Yes, but the point is they run out the same sizes every year.
They also have excess stock of the same sizes (babies, 5XL) every year.
This excess stock is causing them a real headache.

It’s a pity they don’t have a grasp on the shirts they miss out on.
They wouldn’t worry about lack of sales then.

It’s the whole attitude of this club.
They know the cost of everything and the value of nothing.
Just look at their transfer dealings if you want proof.

1 Like

I’ve said many times that I agree , they put their focus into corporate events and tribute bands.

Which is the issue , it’s a business not a football club.

As part of WSFC attending WPM’s, I’ve forwarded on details of The Terrace Store to the club shop as I managed to speak with their owner. They do some lovely stuff on there, and work with a lot of league clubs already.

1 Like

Great shout. Some good stuff on there and have purchased from there before from their, currently quite limted, WFC range.

1 Like