Cook's off to sunny Mansfield

I’ll stand your bet pal , Gordon to score more goals. Than cook. With a plus two start. At even money , fiver. The bets on

1 Like

Done.

2 Likes

I suppose “draw no bet” would be pushing my luck :wink:

My rationale isn’t based so much on ability as who is more likely to stay fit. Gordon is younger , fitter, slimmer and with far fewer miles on the clock.

Sound pal. Two goal start. In your favour. £100.
Bit of fun throughout the season. ,

Seeing it’s only a fiver if it’s a draw we will both donate a fiver to charity,

3 Likes

£50 that Cook scores more league goals than Gordon.
Please confirm acceptance at your convenience.

2 Likes

Just out of interest what happens to all these bets when we flog Gordon in the January transfer window to one of our rivals :smile:

6 Likes

Don’t say that! Not even in jest!

(Wasn’t specified who either of them score their goals for . Bets would stand IMO.)

For £50 and a case of banks’s mild :rofl:

I’ve just realised that if this thread was called,“Cook is off to sunny Mansfield,” it would scan to the tune, “Jesus wants me for a sunbeam,” (or even " Goodbye Dolly, I must leave you." )Just think what King Crimson could have done with that! :smile:

Colchester getting 600k for a player that scored 14 goals in league 2 last season, walsall got 150k for a player who got 18 goals in league 1, work that out

Potential… Cook is not a youngster who is going to get better.

2 Likes

Exactly

All bets would stand as you say., same as if one suffered a long term injury and was out for part or all of season. Bet stands
Bit of fun during season. And if I’m truthfull I wouldn’t mind paying eithier yourself. Or samsara, as it would stand a good chance we had survived As I REALY worry for us this season.

Working it out is easy pal
We have been bonsored yet again" Next ones out the door ferier and Dobson ,?

How is this Bonser’s fault? Even if we’d given Cook a 4 or 5k a week, 10 year contract he’d still have been a sulky, stroppy and, if rumours are true, disruptive. The team will miss his goals but, if that’s all he’s contributing, the team will be better without him.

4 Likes

By not getting the true market value of what a striker who weighs in with as many goals as cook did. Is worth
And accepting. The first offer. To come his way
Always been the same, and will never change that’s why it’s his fault
You can’t make a player stay. Granted
But you can play hard ball and get the correct. Fee,
How many times have we witnessed players going for a paltry fee only to be re sold at much higher values, At a later date
Walsall FC have again been BONSERD and will continue to do so untill the. Leech. Has gone.

9 Likes

I noticed the question about Cooks worth was put forwards to the Peterborough chairman.

He valued Cook at 150-250 based on age and style of play. So with add one I think we probably got market value tbh.

3 Likes

I’m sure mansfield won’t mind paying that 50k add on come the end of the season if they pip us to promotion!!

That’s not my point though is it , the real value in Cook would have been keeping him like you say.

Although for me looking at our current squad,there is no chance we will be challenging them for promotion.

1 Like