Cook's off to sunny Mansfield

A big blow in my view…we are now down to 9 senior players when training starts on Monday…not even enough for a 5-a-side!!!

6 Likes

£150,000 Fantastic bit of business, we should be able to sign lukaku for a few hours with that :roll_eyes:
he just didn’t want to play for us again. I think it was down to the way he was treated by certain sections of the fans.

5 Likes

Absolutely down the moronic brain dead ‘fans’ giving him dogs abuse. Why would you want to play for them?? Good luck to him.

2 Likes

And I think it’s because he is a mardy bar steward who thinks he’s better than he is. I never liked him. He used to have a go at his own players when a bit more movement from him might have made it easier for them to pick him out. I await the ear cupping if he scores against us.

4 Likes

and Mansfield will pay him more …

I must agree , his scoring ability will cost alot more to replace imo

1 Like

Mixed feelings. Will miss and struggle to replace his goals but if he didn’t want to be here so be it. Would have thought he’d have got a L1 move. Didn’t like his attitude or how his presence seemingly resulted in hoof ball. Time for Flash to flourish.

5 Likes

Bloke was a moron, it’s not ideal but I’ve seen far superior players leave.

4 Likes

150k for a player likely to score north of 20 goals !!! And sold to a club who will obviously be going for promotion !!!
Fantastic statement of intent :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

4 Likes

Yes he scored lots of goals and yes he probably would have scored a lot in League 2, but surely only if his head and heart were in it. And yes he will be hard to replace, but he didn’t want to be here, so he should be sold. I know people will say but he’s a professional etc, but the attitude he showed I don’t think personally he’d just get his head down and get on with it.

3 Likes

Also it would be unfair to criticise the club, he didn’t want to be here for months … his body language was a give away.

4 Likes

Clarke has now said that during his first conversation with Cook when he took over as manager; Cook stated he wanted to leave.

1 Like

I think he may go for Nicholls if Brizzle will sell. Sure they paid around 300k for him, but he’s been disappointing so they won’t recoup that. He scored goals for Exeter in this league and I’m sure he could do so again with the right manager.

3 Likes

You can imagine Jeff is now playing the a bit of accounting Three-card Monte with whatever the undisclosed fee was

Can imagine JWB wringing his hands saying and its 50% for me and 50% for me, and why shouldn’t I

2 Likes

Bit like putting a Rat in charge of the cheese larder :joy:

Not really that bothered. Good striker but I found his crying every 5 seconds really ■■■■■■■ annoying. I have a feeling he was a bit of a bad egg as well.

We can get better.

7 Likes

Heard rumours that there was division right through the dressing room last season. Feel the nature of the clear out suggests there might be truth in it.

11 Likes

Thank god.

Love the panic stations.

Bradshaw and Grigg were both free/youth and Cook wasn’t fit to lace their boots. We can and will find someone to replace the goals and even someone to help spread the goals around the team a bit more.

11 Likes

A fee of 150k in this day and age for a striker that will guarantee you double figures each season is awful, but good riddance if he doesn’t want play for us. Then he can sod off, let’s just hope DC can get a tune out of Gordon & ferrier, I believe ferrier playing with a smile on his face could easily get 20 goals in this league,

3 Likes