Coventry City (A) EFL Trophy, Tue 3rd Sept, 7.45pm

"On the … green
Of Shakespeare’s county shine!"

(Hamilton)

Time for the tin-pot trophy again, where nobody really cares about the outcome - but it’s a chance to experiment with team formation and tactics in the interest of “gelling”. No doubt the Sky Blues will have a similar approach so League form goes out of the window, making the inclusion of League results superfluous.

No prediction either, for the same reasons.

Just a word for those hardy souls planning to travel to the game though … don’t go to Highfield Road, don’t go to Sixfields Northampton, and above all don’t go to The Ricoh. This game will be played at the well-known home of Coventry City … that’s right, St. Andrews ground in Birmingham’s salubrious Bordesley district.

It might give Rory Gaffney a chance to start gelling, if nothing else.

UTS

(The other two teams in our Southern Region Group D are Forest Green Rovers and Southampton’s kindergarten side, for information…)

Just noticed Gaffney came on for Salford in the Carabao Welsh so he might be cup-tied, which would be a shame as it might have made the game a bit more interesting.

If he’s played in the League cup he’s cup tied for that competition only!!
Normally I couldn’t care less about this competition but as a club we need to win a football match,there’s certain players who could do with a goal & a clean sheet wouldn’t go a miss … awful competition but a win and Gaffney off the mark might set us up for Saturday!!

2 Likes

We will gel tonight and the score will be 0.1 to the pride of the Midlands and the Black Country

Horrible competition since the revamp, I hope the attendance is closer to 0 than 1000.

I usually wouldn’t care too much about the result either but boy do we need any kind of win. Hopefully it’s a more attacking line-up and Gaffney gets some game time.

Just brought an iFollow match pass - good heavens knows why.

2 Likes

Dedication :+1::grin:

1 Like

Yes, yes, I know how popular is this cup, but 1-0. Who’ll score? Doesn’t matter.

Anyone else got random wm radio over the ifollow match?

Tonight’s line-up against Coventry City:-

Rose
Facey, Liddle, Jules, Pring,
Holden, Guthrie, Bates, Kinsella,
Gordon, Adebayo

Substitutes: Gaffney, Roberts, Norman, Sinclair, Lavery,Hardy, Cockerill-Mollett

Bakayoko starts for the Sky Blues

Ifollow not working. Saying they are working to resolve problems

Ditto

Serial dating :roll_eyes: although that has now gone and it’s just the match with no commentary.

17 minutes, and Coventry have had 4 corners … and a couple of shots on goal.

We ay had anything…

21 minutes, Adebayo shot saved by the keeper following a Walsall corner

25 minutes, Coventry yellow card (Watson) for a foul on Josh Gordon

Alfie Bates yellow card, 38 min

Anyone still having ifollow problems

0-0 at half-time. Bring on Gaffney???

Working now, had two blokes talking crap for the first 15 min then switched over

Been OK for a while now.

And Lavery, see what they are like together for 45 min. Adebeyo playing well tonight, tested the keeper a couple of times.