Crawley Town (H) Tue 3rd November, 7pm

Thinks it would be a good game to win with Crawley being another bottom half team

Actually looks at the table and sees Crawley are in the top 7 and goes "Oh s**"

Going to be another tricky one to win ain’t it? I see Tom Nichols scored twice for them at the weekend, he’d have been a good pick up in the summer as he’s similar type to Josh Gordon who will remain a big miss.

2-2.

A draw for me , we are Currently not scoring enough goals to put teams away.

And that’s worked so well for us this season so far…

2 Likes

Time to give Scrimshaw a run out, he might well be Pony but let’s at least give him a chance.

1 Like

Can we actually play a game mistake free for once.
I would really like to start accumulating some W’s, draws are great away from home as long as we’re winning at home…we’re not!
Kinsella and Bates are great tacklers but they don’t move the ball forward which means the defenders are hoofing up to the forwards. Hoof ball rarely works, it certainly doesn’t in our formations.

Let’s me more aggressive and go for the jugular, that has been lacking so far this season.

Probably not :sweat_smile:

Must be due a win… at some point… so optimistically go for 3.1.

Again, tough match to call this one.

Crawley look decent to me. It’s interesting to contrast their game against Cambridge (which they won) with ours (which we lost). They appeared a lot more threatening up front. Nice interchange of passing and teamwork. See also their win against Morecambe with some cracking goals.

However I would say they looked more vulnerable than us in defense. Cambridge carved them open a few times, which they didn’t do to us, our goals conceded were silly errors. I think Walsall will definitely score tonight.

So based on the fact that we must eventually stop making silly mistakes at the back (yes, I know), I will go for a narrow Walsall win.

1-0 saddlers.

Disappointed Osadebe ain’t starting - but let’s see what happens.

1 Like

No Osadebe- madness

1 Like

Ha ha

1 Like

The only thing I can think of is he didn’t have a preseason so maybe games in quick succession might be a bit too much? Who knows.

4-4-2 with Holden and McDonald on the wings.
No creativity at all. It will be a long night!

My immediate worry is the size and height/weight of our midfield. If it was me, I’d see that lineup and play 3 rough central midfielders and it would be game over.

Obviously should have hit that shot a couple of inches lower so it went in off the bar.
Disappointed as when we changed to him on left and wes on right we looked much better.

1 Like

If our forwards find their range, and aim - we could give these a right good 4-4 Ing.

So is Nurse also out injured? Good to see CCM back.

Looking a bit light in the midfield creativity department though …

1 Like

Nurse will be a big miss and with that midfield I will reverse my previous prediction.1-1 at best for me now.

1 Like

Elsewhere, in the early kick-off…

Oldham Athletic 0 Cheltenham Town 1 (30 min) Scorer Reuben Reid - remember him?

EDIT … now 1-1 (34 min)