Crawley Town (H) Tue 3rd November, 7pm

You saw a moon from Sussex Downs,
A Sussex moon, untravelled still,
I saw a moon that was the town’s,
The largest lamp on Campden Hill.

G K Chesterton

We welcome an in-form Crawley Town side currently sitting pretty in the play-off zone in League 2, although interestingly enough they’ve conceded 11 goals in their 10 games - as have we. Their home form has been impressive, putting 4 past Tranmere Rovers and Morecambe, yet they could only draw 1-1 at home to basket case Southend United. Crawley’s away form gives us some hope, as they’ve only won one game (at Oldham Athletic), but recent performances suggest that “gelling” is well under way - and part of that success will no doubt be down to Assistant Head Coach Lee Bradbury, who will be remembered for his brief career as a Saddler back in 2004. So, current form:-

October 17th Morecambe (H) Won 4-0
October 20th Exeter City (A) Lost 2-1
October 24th Salford City (A) Drew 1-1
October 27th Tranmere Rovers (H) Won 4-0
October 31st Cambridge United (H) Won 2-1

It’s worth pointing out that there is another managerial connection between the two clubs in the shape of Sean O’Driscoll. He set some kind of record, being appointed manager at Crawley in May 2012 but leaving in July 2012 to go to Nottingham Forest. He didn’t manage Crawley for a single competitive game (which might have been a good thing if you recall his time with us).

After a much-improved performance at Mansfield Town, where (according to reports) we should have been out of sight after 20 minutes, our lack of fire-power was again exposed in a pretty tame 1-1 draw. Come back “Flash”, all is forgiven… Darrell Clarke chose not to throw his young loan players in at the deep end, but in the current format of 2 games a week every week surely a fresh approach (with fresh legs) couldn’t be less effective than we are at present? In addition to Gordon’s absence, it’s highly likely that Danny Guthrie won’t be available, and both Clarke and defender Cockerill-Mollett are also likely absentees. As always we have to wait and see what Tinkerman comes up with.

Prediction? It’s about time we started to put the round thing into the netty thing, so how about a 3-1 home win (we have to concede one, it’s a pre-requisite) - goals from Lavery, Holden and Scarr.

UTS

Gotta stick with what I’ve put in the prediction league. Walsall 1-2 Crawley.

Sincerely hope I’m wrong though.

Yeah you better be …

1 Like

Going to be a very tough game but I think we’ve got enough in us to avoid defeat.

1-1.

Don’t blame me, blame the DC

Its time we won…2-1 for me

Could well depend on if we can keep the ball out of our net and cut out that costly mistake that we have become accustomed too ? If we can then I go 1-0 to the saddlers.

5-0, again😉

Only 5? 7-0. Stafflers to lead a line dance with the board of directors at half time. Mole to trip over Gamble’s untied shoelace and fall face first into Whalley’s old locker, emerging with a face covered in old school book pages and a bunch of library fine tickets.

1 Like

Any players shared? Jack Rose used to play for thm as did Rene Gilmartin. Two keepers.

Mat Sadler played for them 2012 to 2014.

SAMUEL BARROTT the ref for tomorrow has done 7 games this season and no home wins 4 draws and 3 away wins :astonished:

@RedandWhite see, it’s a sixth sense I had.

1 Like

What I want to see (if I can of course, because tomorrow will be little bit hectic for me) is a solid defensive display. Rest is not that relevant. I just don’t like that prolonged gelling period.

They’re in decent form but we’ve got to be looking to win this one.

I’ll take a scruffy 2-1 win

Hawley went to crawley.

2 Likes

…as did Pablo Mills.

@RobHarv3y see , I call it ’ sick sense ’ you had and it’s totally unacceptable …

P.s … I hope I don’t have to speak to you again on any remaining fixtures … :wink:

I’ve figured that if I predict us to lose tomorrow we will go on a ten game winning run in the league. Just you wait and see!

1 Like

Not a chance, it’s the gift that keeps on giving…
Still we all have the DC player lottery to look forward to…what line up will he choose? Will he go for the 9-0-1 formation? After all Crawley are a ‘very strong team’ we should, we must, worry about how good they are…none of this nonsense about trying to win a game… we must defend defend defend.

1 Like