D 0-0 vs MK Dons (H) - League Two - Tue 3rd Oct, 7:45pm

Haven’t got time to write a preview before this game, so feel free to discuss amongst yourselves.

Can’t imagine a large away following travelling up.

Tuesday night games at home haven’t been very memorable for the last few years either have they?!

Walsall win then.

Walsall vs MK Dons - Match Result
  • Walsall Win
  • Draw
  • MK Dons Win

0 voters

1 Like

Hopefully Sadler sticks to the same formation that reaped rewards at Bradford. 2-1 win Hutch with both goals.

Only change i would make is Knowles for Oteh otherwise same as you was.

1 Like

Same team, same result.

3-1 :relieved:

1 Like

Walsall Fan TV was great tonight :grin:

2 Likes

Only if I also do the same as Saturday and bet against us :rofl:

I think this will be a draw. Simply on the basis that we are now 424 and our fourth divisioness demands that we even the middle column up a bit.

Tuesday nights have seen a lot of damp squibs over the last decade or so. I fancy a DJ/Draper combo to give them something different to think about. Hutch to miss out this week.

Evans
Gordon
Daniels
Williams/Farquerharson
Riley
Mcentee
Oteh
Stirk
Tierney
Johnson
Draper

Smith
Knowles
Foulkes
Hutchinson
DJT
Matt
Allen

3 Likes

Thought farq was out for 3 months

Sadler is our best manager we have had in league 2 statistically
That simple can’t be allowed to Continue
2-0 loss

Why not?

Injury not as bad a feared . Simply inflammation. Could be back soon but I think Tuesday unlikely.

5 Likes

Sorry that was a response to Andy.

2 Likes

That’s good news

1 Like

I know Oteh nicked a goal….and I’ve been saying he’s been underused for weeks but I actually thought he was really poor Saturday.

But what he and Hutch did in the wide areas defensively more than anything makes replacing one of them just to get DJ back in the side nonsensical.

It literally risks unbalancing everything that was good about the performance.

On the ball I actually thought Tierney was really wasteful Saturday and I thought it was Hutch’s least effective game in an attacking sense for weeks (EDIT : just watched ext highlights and he was actually involved in both our first two goals getting between the lines to release draper for the first and winning the flick on for Otehs from the corner) but all 3 of them gave us shape and energy in our defending.

There’s no way adding DJ and going 442 makes that side better.

2 Likes

I’m lost if we will win loose or draw this one , not sure if things will change or this will be a season of inconsistency ,we got a team capable of beating anyone in this league but depends on manager formation and who decides to turn up on the day ,who knows anymore🤷‍♂️

I have gone for the draw. They have some really good players who are in a bad spell but they will come out of it sometime. 1-1

Only behind them in the table on goal difference - absolutely no reason to be fearing them like some were with Bradford (who we are now above). So long as we manage to keep 11 players on the pitch we have enough to beat them.

Happy to leave the team selection, formation and tactics up to Sadler.

2 Likes

If we do switch to DJ and Draper upfront, I think Draper needs to drop deeper to help the midfield.

We won’t.

And dropping Draper deeper into midfield to allow DJ to replace Hutchinson?

What was it everyone and a problem with….something to do with square pegs? :rofl:

Hutchinson (and Oteh) sacrificed their own attacking instincts to play roles that required them to play a much greater part in stopping Bradford playing than they would normally like.

Oteh still managed to score and Hutchinson still played a part in two of the 3 goals….I’m not sure why leaving one of them out is even a discussion.

1 Like

I dont think Hutchinson would be dropped. I guess Oteh would be left out. you said yourself he was poor.

We still probably dont have enough fit defenders to play 3-5-2 anyway.

Im just making the point that if Draper and DJ are playing together, Draper needs to drop deeper. Not saying thats what id do.

I think it’s going to depend on MS, if he sticks to what he did on Saturday we have a great chance if he reverts back god knows, probably a draw at best.
It would be lovely to beat them so we can go to struggling Sutton full of confidence.