D 0-0 vs Northampton Town (A) - League Two - Sat 4th Feb, 3pm

I thought they might announce Crewe at shortish notice once we knew whether or not we needed the date for a replay - but they are already playing Orient that night.

2 Likes

Sure to be noisy and boisterous.

1 Like

Carlisle are certainly set for top 3 I think.

Iā€™ve punched some numbers and based on ppg over the last 10 games continuing for the rest of the season, weā€™d finish 5th and be heading to Salford in the play-offs.

1. Stevenage 95
  2. Carlisle 91
  3. Orient 84
  4. Northampton 81
  5. Walsall 79
  6. Salford 76
  7. Sutton 75

Based over the last 15 and weā€™re still 5th:

1. Stevenage 95
  2. Orient 89
  3. Carlisle 83
  4. Northampton 78
  5. Walsall 76
  6. Stockport 73
  7. Wimbledon 73

Of course, maintaining 2ppg or even 1.87ppg is going to be really tough.

3 Likes

After being there at Salford on Tuesday, the fact I have to miss this one has been made a little easier. We need to get back to creating and scoring goals and seeing how this team can cope without DJ. Iā€™d love us to nick a win but Iā€™ll go for a more positive performance and a score draw. UTS.

1 Like

Think weā€™ll bounce back with a win.

2 Likes

Our season has been a bit broken up by postponements and our cup exploits. Time to start building a bit of momentum in the league now. Starting with a draw tomorrow and a win v Orient (or vice versa) and up we go!

2 Likes

I fear a high scoring defeat for the Saddlers.
Probably 3-2.
It might take a few games for the new players to gel, and weā€™re without our workhorse in midfield - Kinsella.
Sounds negative, but Flynn will get it right in a week or two. We might then be too far off the chasing pack of course.

Important that this season doesnā€™t completely come to a halt and that we keep the good feeling surrounding the club going.Iā€™d take a point then three at home next week before we enter the run of ā€œeasierā€ games if they do indeed exist.Iā€™d personally like to see us around 8th to 10th as a finishing position of course an extended season in the playoffs would be lovely but where Iā€™ve just said as a personal finishing position would indicate progression to me and Iā€™m guessing others?.Thereā€™s going to be ups and more downs but I have to agree with whatā€™s been said above that losing all this positivity very quickly would be disappointing.

Getting in the playoffs would be so beneficial to the club financially and set us up with a great budget for next season. Even if we didnā€™t win them . 2 sell outs home and away in the semifinals A potential wembley appearance against possibly Bradford 60k attendance plus tv monies would put us in a very strong position for next year.
Most difficult way to go up but most rewarding.

3 Likes

Yep. Most important player away from home

2 Likes

Would imagine Comley and Songoā€™o will just be told to be as solid as possible and sit infront of the back 4.

There were a few DC type experiments on Tuesday which didnā€™t quite work but fully expected more tried and tested personnel in all areas tomorrow so think Low will also drop out.

1 Like

Flynn on Matty Stevens

ā€œStevens is ready. Heā€™s been ready since October. Heā€™s 6/7 weeks ahead of Connor. I canā€™t comment on why Forest Green havenā€™t played him. Heā€™s readyā€

2 Likes

We certainly hope so but many of us have doubts, if he is ā€˜up to speedā€™ the two Mattā€™s combination might still work to our advantage?
Lets see what team Flynn puts out today, will probably be very defensive, to hold on for a 0-0 draw or indeed a sneaky 1-0 winā€¦we most certainly have to start piling on the points, otherwise the play off places will slip away beyond us despite our lauded ā€˜games in handā€™.

Thatā€™s a bit strange. Heā€™s been ā€œready since Octoberā€ but didnā€™t play until Boxing Day. FGR are bottom but not hopelessly adrift, so you would have thought they would have been champing at the bit to get a goalscorer back in the team. I donā€™t think heā€™s started a league game but did start in the F A Cup although he didnā€™t complete 90 minutes.
It will be interesting to see whether FGR have dropped an enormous bollock from which we will benefit, or if their judgement was correct. We do know that if he is fit, he can make an impact at this level. Time, as is often said, will tell.

Evans
White Daniels Monthe
Knowles Songoā€™o Comley Gordon
Hutchinson
Matt Stevens

Got to go back to White at RCB for me and get Stevens and Matt scoring together straight away.

7 Likes

Whereā€™s everyone drinking today? ā€¦ going by train

Same lineup for me although I think I would put Maddox in the team instead of Comley

1 Like

I have a spare ticket 20 quid if anyone wants it.

Me plus 1 on our way!

1 Like

Careful, you could be sued by a certain poster under copyright law for writing that :wink:

2 Likes