D 1-1 (W 4-2 pens) vs Northampton Town (A) - Papa John’s Trophy Group L - Tue 5th Oct, 7pm

There’s a chain from Russia called Dodo’s Pizza. They only have 5 in this country and 2 are in Walsall, a takeaway in Walsall Wood and one in the town centre.
A mate from work in Milton Keynes is desperate to try it.

1 Like

Well the menus seem to be the same so it might well be the same people who run both.

I’ve been going to the Walsall one for years, ever since I was still living in Wednesbury and before it was expanded into the shop next door and started doing burgers etc. Got to know the lad who nearly always served us a little bit - think he may have been the owners son as years later he would only occasionally be there in the background supervising but would always remember me and come over to shake hands and say hello - and usually give me a free drink or whatever, and made sure whoever was making up my pizza took care with it. Again it’s that personal touch that has kept me going back (besides it being a very tasty pizza).

If you do have one, don’t forget to report back on what you think if it (probably be more interesting than a match report from this game :joy:).

1 Like

:rofl: I’ll have a bash next Saturday evening when we have the kids over mate and I’ll report back :+1:t2:

Leak,saddler and bates must play to get some playing time and fitness under there belt

We walked passed it a few weeks ago while going to an 80’s rock concert in the quarry.

This is a pizza thread not a match thread. .please behave

4 Likes

You should have popped in to get something to eat on the train home. It’s only a small place but nearly always a load of people in there.

Something to put on your bucket list if you ever come over to the Quarry for another event.

1 Like

Well it is Papa John’s so it’s both really. :joy:

PS Just think how you could have linked the 2 if Andy Cook or Danny Guthrie were still with us … :pizza:

1 Like

That looks vile chunk may i call u that if not sorry

2 Likes

That was just a generic pic mate, mine looked better than that, and yes even my wife and mom call me Chunk :grin: :wink:

That’s fine​:+1::+1:

1 Like

Don’t have a certain favourite, but always deep. Tried one with olives on for the first time a few weeks back and it was so nice so will be going for whatever one has olives again.

Also, controversial but I’m a pineapple on pizza kind of guy too.

Won’t be watching. Hope we win for the money but most importantly I hope we don’t pick up any injuries

1 Like

Is it on ifollow in this country like the Brighton game was in this competition?

Imagine so as it’s a midweek game.

1 Like

Plus Mills, Willis, Perry and, of course, Rose. I wonder if we will have Phillips at CF as against Brighton? I would keep Miller as fresh as possible whatever happens, Ward’s remaining energy should not be wasted on Papa J.

1 Like

Anyone travelling to the game tomorrow night??last time I went there we had started a new chapter after LP had gotten rid of Mr Bonser with us all singing a song with “and super Darrell Clarke!” in it oh dear what happened to those good feelings on that day :weary:

1 Like

I am going as I feel obliged to, living 11 miles from Shoeville. Getting a lift from a tame Cobblers fan, would be surprised if the crowd reaches 4 figures. Apparently Northampton were dreadful on Saturday against a “robust” Sutton side.

3 Likes

Average to be honest, nothing special about it

2 Likes