D 2-2 vs Colchester United (A) - League Two - Sat 30th April, 3pm

Sitting here looking at the pool, temperature 88F with a beer straight out of the fridge and all I can think about is the match tomorrow. I must be mad.

3 Likes

Florida?

Yeah on the gulf Coast between Venice and Naples.
1st time back since Covid-19.

2 Likes

You need to have a serious chat with your travel agent, I’m afraid you are in Italy!

6 Likes

That pic brings back memories after 8 hours doing the parks, coming back and putting massive steaks on the BBQ and relaxing in the heated pool :smiley:

1 Like

That nearly happened to me at a midweek match at Ipswich in the late eighties. I was the only one in the away end which Portman Road found amusing. Fortunately, a coach load of Saddlers arrived just before kick off.

I went to that one. I think John Walk scored a couple for them if I remember right.

Me too perhaps more Saddlers at Chasetown than Colchester

1 Like

Yep it can happen, mine was at Bath to see us play in the tinpot trophy got there early everyone else got there late. At least they sang to me ….lesson learnt don’t react when asked”is that all you take away” they only then accused me of eating all the pies!!!

Who remembers Chelsea away when the coaches arrived after we conceded a shed load early on the didn’t concede once they got here. On the way out “ you saw us lose, we didn’t “ rang round Stamford bridge

Just Googled it. 8th November 1988. We lost 3 - 1.

When I arrived I thought it was a bit quiet when I got my pie and bovril. The police and stewards were sniggering as I walked up the stairs to the stand. When I emerged I found I was the only one there. Several thousand Ipswich fans were taking the piss. I just ate my pie and hoped I wouldnt be recognised after the game.

I’m slumming it at Newcastle/Liverpool, hoping to see lots of crying scousers.

Speaking of apathy, we’ve got a coach load of Cowdenbeath supporters staying here this weekend. I asked one of them why last night when (according to my son’s phone) they are at home tomorrow. Apparently they’re already sure to finish bottom of the Scottish second division, so they’ve come down here for the weekend rather than go to the game :rofl:

I went to Chelsea for the LC replay and was on one of those coaches that arrived at least 10/15 minutes late. I think when we got there we accidentally queued up at ‘The Shed’ end but soon realised our mistake!

By the time we walked round we were 2-0 down and just missed a Shakey disallowed goal. Chelsea scored a third just as we were getting to the terrace and that was the end of the scoring action. We held our own after that.

Not too many of us there, 3-400 at guess.

Prediction for today? 1-0 loss (2,500) to keep the thread on track.

I’m guessing the pool is enclosed to keep the alligators out.

1 Like

I was also one of the late arrivals at Chelsea in 1984.
The song was:
Yow sid uz lose, yow sid uz lose,
We day, we day
!!

2 Likes

And mosquitoes :grimacing:

1 Like

Used to love going into the sea at Clearwater, like stepping into a warm bath, little yellow fish used to jump out of the water in front of you, great times, especially if you could turn left on the plane!
Today has a boring 1-1 draw written all over it, painting our new summerhouse instead.

These were comfortably the worst team I’ve seen this season so should get something today.

Famous. Last. Words.