Dan scarr

He wasn’t great granted, but I haven’t seen us sign anything better since.

1 Like

Cameron Pring and George Nurse?

Neither did sod all for us.

All i can remember is that Darlington cup game, absolutely catastrophic performance from him :rofl:

I think he might have done better under Clarke if he had just been asked to head and kick it instead of being the Bromsgrove Beckenbauer. Ahh well

Too good for us

Leahy? You’re joking right?

He was okay here but let’s not pretend he was anything more. Fans right to criticise at times with him, as ever, we take raw players and give them some of their first ‘proper’ competitive football, they make mistakes, and then learn from their time with us elsewhere. We then replace with another and the conveyor belt of shit continues

2 Likes

These players have improved since leaving us due to better coaching.

Scar for PM :grin:

2 Likes

I can remember watching Dan Burn getting pelters at Blyth in a game about 10 years ago, reason being, because he was having about his third shyte game in a row, and fans that had worked all week and taken the trouble and expense to turn out and support their local team wern’t overly chuffed about it. Thats how good footballers can often be made, if they have it in them.

Dan Scarr was offered a new contract at Walsall the year he went to Plymouth who offered him a better one, it was a fantastic opportunity for him considering his undeniable mediocrity in our colours, but fair play to him for taking it and making something of it.

This concerns me more…

But don’t worry everyone, Leigh Pomlett, Steph Gamble, and Dandy Mole remain in post.
Just to reassure the country and offer some stability in these tempestuous times…Walsall are still shyte.

1 Like

Scarred for life…

I think a big difference for Scarr is that he is asked just to sit in the middle of a back 3 and head it. For us he was played in a 2 where he was much more exposed and the parts of his game that isn’t very good, i.e his distribution and pace, were more evident.

2 Likes

The odd goal or assist masked how awful he was.

That is exactly right. It is not that he was a bad player, nor has he improved much by coaching, but he is being asked to do what he is good at. At our level, and in League 1, it is putting together a team of people all of whom do what they do well. That is one reason why the injuries are costing us dear.

Tbf I can’t disagree, but another player who’s gone on to do ok.

When Scarr was here I can remember pointing out he had already played half the games in a season for a team that had won promotion from this division. He would have played a few more iirc but was injured for the run in.
So he was obviously capable of being better than he often looked for us.
On the other hand there are plenty of players who have had the best periods of their careers at Walsall, or have had a renaissance after failure elsewhere. Perhaps not so many of those in recent seasons, though.

Just took this as an example. I don’t see why most of your responses have to be punctuated by the smiley face emoji. Are you purposely attempting to be patronising, passive-aggressive or just plain rude?

Your opinions and arguments are sufficiently coherent without these additions, so why do you persist in over using them?

These days There are very few players that leave us and improve

Emoji’s are helpful to give a tone to otherwise plainly written text, happy to help you with the basics of social media :+1:

Yes please.

When you apply the laughing emoji what tone are you trying to convey?