Darlington Away Tickets

Wasn’t saying it wasn’t quaint, and a lot nicer than some (Wigan’s Springfield Park springs t mind!), but “posh” it most certainly was not!

BTW As we are no longer welcome in the bar at the ground, anyone know where is the next nearest place to go for a pre-match drink that’s half decent?

Nothing near the ground as far as I’m aware.

I’ll be going, as long as my tickets arrive on time. Ordered on Friday but said they wouldnt be posted til Monday so hoping they’ve arrived tonight. Only half hour from York so would be fairly handy for me.

Went to the old old ground with “character” also the Darlo Arena… wasn’t that the poo poo in the shirt game?

1 Like

Remember the 85’ win, Willie Naughton masterclass on a Sunday. I think he took it out on them because he missed his Saturday night booze and then would have been late for his Sunday dinner.

1 Like

Now 100+ according to the club’s Twitterface.

Mine never arrived yesterday, nipping home after work to check if they were delivered today, if not I’ll be trying to watch it on tv instead of going. Anybody know if the club are likely to help in any way if I was to ring up (collect some at Darlo maybe)? Ordered them Friday knowing they may not arrive but they are usually fairly fast being delivered.

I’m sure that if you ring up the ticket offices before they shut (our ticket office first as only open until 4pm today) the clubs will be able to sort you out between them in anticipation of them not being on your doormat when you get home - even if you have to pay again tonight and then reclaim when the tickets do eventually turn up.

Will give that a try, cheers Andy.

So we are not taking a big following. Kudos to the ones who are going. Make up for us lazy/tight buggers that are watching on the telly by really getting behind the lads. We are up against it. BT will make it obvious who they want to win. We will shoot em all down. 3-0 to us. COME ON WALSALL.

I am pleading for people to come and say hello as I’ll be on my tod. I’m sure I’ll know some of the 100 or so going but say hello!

3 Likes

Might be an idea to put a description of yourself on here? because i would be looking for someone bald with a little bit of grey hair at the side and glasses, a bit like a professor :joy::wink:

This is, without doubt, the worse away ‘end’ ive ever seen in a club completion.

1 Like

To be honest i was expecting it to be worse than that

I like the individual slabs rather than a smooth surface. Improves the look.

Looks a bit nippy oop narth

Good job it’s not packed!

Our mascot was in the away end.

It’s tat, but at least we don’t have to visit it every season…

I forgot they had moved from the modern stadium. I do not even know which Rugby Club own the one we played at tonight. I know it is not Mowden Park. They are at the big one. Did not look the best tbh. I bet there is only Bradford Park Avenues that is worse in their division.