Darlington (H) 9th Nov, 3pm. F.A.Cup 1st round

As if we are all looking at the odds of us losing to a national league north side doesn’t that compound what’s happening with our club perfectly…I’ll have a bit of that 17/2 though :wink:

1 Like

Already on it

2 Likes

Got to have some enjoyment supporting Walsall.

Nothing like a good old banker get ya mortgage on it :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Looking unlikely that the loan keeper that’s played a pivotal role in their recent run of form will be re-signed in time for Saturday.

1 Like

I would like to think that the north east teams usually go away empty handed when they come a calling in the cup, so lets hope for some positivity and a comfortable win with no drama’s on our side

Bearing in mind our current scoring capabilities, do Darlington really need a goalkeeper at all? :thinking:

6 Likes

That may well be true…but they’ve also just had their centre-forward, Tyrone O’Neil who has been great for them recently, 4 goals in the last 4 games including 2 in the last round at Tamworth, recalled by the Smoggies…so not ideal preparation.

1 Like

Crikey that’s two of their best players not playing , this should be a massive positive for us , but I’m just hoping it doesn’t make the outcome a even bigger embarrassment .
Fingers crossed again !

2 Likes

Can we get him in January? He can share a taxi fare with Hallam Hope…

I haven’t seen anything about whether any of our loanees will be able to play on Saturday.

Easy to lay off the lump put on the unthinkable, put enough on a home win currently 4/1…4/1 on a 4th Division side at home to beat a team from two divisions below us!!! My god, how low have we sunk in the rankings of even the bookies…

He will move heaven and earth to ensure Holden plays!!!
We all wonder what bizarre team he will pick this weekend, probably ten defenders and Ady up front as a token, after all Darlington must be feared…

It’s probably a secret! It wouldn’t bother me if any of them didn’t play on Saturday or any time after. Nothing personal against any of them I’d just rather our own players be given opportunities to progress and develop if that’s what this season is now about. Fair enough, sign loanees if they are markedly better that what we’ve got and are going to have a real impact and help the team, but for years now we just seem to sign a majority that just get in the way of our own players.

3 Likes

At some point he will find a settled starting line up it seems to me he might have to stumble on it rather than actually know what it is I really hope he starts Hardy on Saturday please please start Hardy Darrell…

2 Likes

Nah, not a hope, might bring him on to make an impact after 87 minutes though.

Crazy ain’t it really…one of the most attacking minded players we have which isn’t many granted but wouldn’t you just give the kid license to attack and create considering there would be 6/7 defensive minded players behind him if anything breaks down when attacking

2 Likes

The only player on our books to show skill, flair and attacking intent, he can also score goals too. Yet, Clarke stubbornly refuses to start him, his face obviously does not fit, so we may as well give up on the thought of seeing him start a match whilst Clarke is still in charge.

I think this is where talk of budget, and needing 5k gates to be progressive really falls down a bit. Not singling out Hardy per se but he’s just the type of player that might actually excite fans. 16 goals playing at the top end of the NL as a 10 or midfielder (in other words a very similar standard), and he’s 23, not just some kid. Same with the Jules/McDonald combo, Clarke stumbled upon it, but it worked, so you would think there’s a nice piece of the jigsaw going forward, but not a bit of it, back to messing around to no avail. Having faith is one thing, but having a scrap of logic to cling to and base it on would be lovely.

5 Likes

Hardy has to start for me scored 2 in 2 for the second string… If I was him and I didn’t start Saturday I would be putting in a transfer request to be honest.

2 Likes