Darlington (H) 9th Nov, 3pm. F.A.Cup 1st round

Could well be close to a thousand with run they are on. Won 6 of the last 7 and will be looking at it as a great opportunity considering our poor form.

1 Like

Not true.
Fred Barber also played over 130 games for Darlo

Agreed … and all covered in much detail further up the thread!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

By the Darlington site :joy::joy:

He wasn’t on loan - we had signed him from the Dingles (spit) in October 1949, and he played 8 games for us scoring 2 goals before being transferred to Darlington in June 1950. (d.o.b. 21.6.28)

Fair enough, Wikipedia said he was on loan, so I’ll blame them. :innocent:

I think Kris Taylor had a spell with them as well, a season or maybe two. I had high hopes for him. His performance in a 0-0 at West Ham was top class.

Taiwo Atieno started in the infamous 5-0 defeat at Brentford under Meeeeeeerssss (C. Pink Lycra woman). Remember her?..Thanatos :grimacing:

1 Like

Could be wrong but can remember his name being linked with Bradford? Not sure if he was still with them when they went up to premier league in 1999.

Well, Dam!

saying 600 ish fair trek for them and not exactly a plum draw.

1 Like

Would you all like a hopeful omen?
There is some wonderful action here, which might now be called vintage.
However for us the connection with 1990 is the important bit.
We start at around 7:40:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J036kJRX8P4

Mmmmmm…Rimmer and Forbes two of the scorers!!! Not sure we have players of that quality around at the minute::angry:

1 Like

The interesting thing here is that the 1989-90 team was a team of under-performing and over-paid sorts, who probably could have done a lot better if they had wanted to enough.

1990 saw us start again in a new stadium with a new team, following an enormous cull of dead wood. I have a feeling the 1990-91 FA Cup match was the one at Aylesbury on MoTD but I could be wrong.

Darlington are 7/1 PILE ON!

1 Like

Who with? the best I have got has been 9/2!
I think a lot of wonger will be placed on Darlington over the next couple of days so the odds will shorten!
If Darlington bring 5/600 we might get a gate over 2K!

Sky bet!

Telford had been so good in the F A Cup for the previous decade that to beat them so comfortably was a bit of a shock. Even Everton only managed to beat them 3-0, and they had home advantage :smile:

Is that Chris Wilder crossing the ball to Bertschin?

Thank you. I was wondering who that was.

Also 15/2 on Paddy Power and Ladbrokes

And 17/2 on BET365.

1 Like