Darrell Clarke Appreciation Thread

Haha when I use those terms to describe somebody else you can call me a hypocrite, that’s literally all I wondered. You clearly can’t let it go. Must have struck a chord. Bless.

tea

Let us know when you’re ready to re-engage without constantly bleating how your overly-pugnacious posts provoked your desired reaction. :woman_shrugging:

Haha you engaged with me. But nice try :+1:

tea

2 Likes

Ask for response, get response, whinge about it. Classic.

Like I said, I’m not sure what any of this has to do with the topic.

Sick ignoring skills there :rofl: that meme kind of loses its impact if you’re not actually ignoring the person.

Give it a rest please, gents.

2 Likes

Personal arguments to personal messages, please…

Moving things on and as a summary for me: That these two games have been our first back to back wins in 13 months speaks volumes about the situation at - and the trajectory of - the club in recent times. Stabilising things is the prime focus and on that front Clarke seems to be doing a good job thus far, though we will certainly face sterner tests.

Five clean sheets in the first 10 games is delightful after last season, and barring two individual errors (penalty v FGR and OG v Bradford) we could well have kept clean sheets in 70% of the league campaign to date. I’m sure we only kept about seven clean sheets in the entire of last season.

14 Likes

Hear hear

Roll on Crawley

That’s what I keep saying. This season we need to steady the ship. A play off push would be lovely and should be our aim but we all have to be realistic here. Clarke has added much needed stability, especially at the back. The only issue is in attack. I would say his recruitment of attackers has been his biggest downfall, something I can forgive considering our solid defensive record. Given time I think he’ll be a very successful Walsall manager.

3 Likes