Darrell Clarke confirmed as manager

To avoid being accused of putting up another smoke screen do you think it would have been better not to have appointed a decent manager for the coming season?

You have avoided it nicely.

Bonser is a couple of good signings away from quelling the protests until it goes belly up again.the merry go round will continue.

1 Like

Yeah. But heā€™s like rising damp. Wonā€™t see the structural damage till too late.

3 Likes

Bonser always seems to do just enough to stop the protests. He is a master of this having done it for so many years. instead of going all out and really giving us pension fund payers something to be really happy and proud of at our club.

7 Likes

His first press conference tomorrow 10am,that will tell us a lot.Heā€™s probably been watching videoā€™s all weekend,talking to John Ward,maybe even Dean Keates.Maybe getting his own backroom staff together,either that,or he will have to manage with the present backroom staff,because it would cost too much to pay them off.But I think even if he has to make do with the old coaching staff,he will get them doing everything his way,so things will change for the better anyway,all in all,I think it will be a very interesting week.

6 Likes

Footballing isnā€™t dying in the lower leagues.

Last week the football league announced the highest attendance figures this season since the late 60s.

We are dying though, well itā€™s more of a financial pension fund, self serving suffocation.

3 Likes

Is that because the championship is more popular? Or because we have Sunderland and Pompey in League 1?

I am not convinced.

1 Like

Adjusted that slightly for you there, but would add that they now have Bolton, with similar gates (but starting with a 12 point penalty from day one!). Think the EFL penalty was not severe enough, they should have been demoted to our division with a 12 point penalty, has to be remembered they failed to fulfil a fixture, canā€™t remember that ever happening for many years.
I know Iā€™m going a little off subject but apparently some Chinese billionaires were shown around The Reebok last Thursday, and are willing to invest, but only if they employ Sam Alardyce as manager!

Bolton are f***ed.

Bit like us, but for us we get a Bonser ā€˜get out of jail freeā€™ card with the appointment of a decent manager, funny how he always pulls a rabbit out of the hat when his tenure is being questioned innit?

1 Like

I am surprised at that statistic, ive got to be honest.

Bradford havenā€™t had those sort of attendances for about 45 years.

Interesting from what Clarke has said to the media about the club matching his ambitions. Fingers crossed we could have a big budget this season with some quality players arriving.

Iā€™ll believe it when I see it.

1 Like

I saw the one interview with him, looking like Midlands today. He gave it all the big un, and then played it down slightly towards the end, i liked that. I wont expect fireworks from the start, it sounds like hes gonna rip the whole thing up and start again.

He also hinted he was gonna bin all the out of contracts off, good.

4 Likes

Case of wait and see I suppose. Be good for the club to come out and say something positive.

I went to Bradford around 1996 and there was 4900 there.

I think we definitely picked the best managerā€¦out of hill,Holloway, Hurst

He comes across very focused on the job in hand. Clarke seems to understand the sticky situation between fan and club and I believe that will be high priority of his to re unite bothā€¦ hes a smart bloke and will know success only comes with everyone pulling in the same direction.

Letā€™s give this man our full support. And before you know it the good times will be back. I believe Clarke will see out this project to the endā€¦and not jump ship halfway through if a tempting offer comes in unlike a certain mr Smith

Actually looking forward to this pre season the thought of building a team almost from scratch. To begin a new era for us

Up the saddlers!!!

10 Likes

Darrell Clarke knows how to celebrate,lets hope he gets the chance with Walsall.

Darrell celebrating

2 Likes