Darrell Clarke gone

That’s twice now he’s been sacked at that level he’s a good League 2 manager though

Not so sure about that. Many Vale fans credit Crosby with steering them to promotion and the Club clearly see him as the person to steer them to safety.

I sense, reading between the lines a mutual unhappiness there; an unhappy manger, players and board following a lousy January and the same sort of lucky-dip selections and formation changes that were a feature of his tenure here.

He’s got lots of support from Vale fans today, but many say that he has been disengaged for a while (sound familiar?) apparently he sat on his own at Lincoln on Saturday, away from his coaching staff.

Good luck to him, nevertheless.

3 Likes

7 game winless run!! What about 1 win in 20!! Flynn is a very lucky boy.

3 Likes

Pomlett was solely to blame for Clarke. Cant wait for the former to do one along with his two stooges

2 Likes

If you’re going back 20 games that will include the win against Mansfield on New Years Day so 2 wins in 20.

It’s not just the 7 game winless run with Fail, they have 3 wins in 20.

In fact they have 14 points from the last 20 games and we have 18 points from our last 20 games, thanks to all those draws.

1 Like

Their last game of the season is also at home against top of the table Plymouth.

1 Like

It is never nice to get sacked but I doubt Darrell Clarke will lose too much sleep over this. Will get a pay off and won’t have any trouble finding another decent job with his CV. That is if he wishes to of course.

2 Likes

Crass statement from vale in my opinion.
Absolutely no need to allude to the passing of his daughter. Their conduct as his employers at that time was standard for any company.
If Darrell Clarke wishes to release a statement through the LMA and thank Vale then that is his gift.
His family history is his alone to allude to.
Football descion so stick to football.
Another club with ideas of grandeur, DC did very well for them and got them probably higher than they deserve.
Wish Darrell all the best. I’m sure he’s emotionally exhausted and will welcome the break to regroup and come back fighting.

16 Likes

People forget we’d only managed 8 wins in 31 games at the point of the 20/21 season that he left. Wasn’t taking us anywhere.

3 Likes

National league peut-être ?

Very much agree regarding Crosby comment

1 Like

And we are very unlucky fans, get rid.

I think half the problem was he wanted to apply for the Portsmouth job in January and they wouldn’t let him and they cut back on his transfer money and he’s sulked ever since.

2 Likes

From the local paper. An interesting analysis of what’s gone wrong at Vale Park.

Transfer windows, red cards and unpopular decisions - what’s really gone wrong at Port Vale - Stoke-on-Trent Live (stokesentinel.co.uk)

4 Likes

Thanks for posting this. An interesting read. The amount of money PV are losing each year is eye watering, especially when you look at their squad, which imo isn’t that good and as I recall almost didn’t succeed in getting into the play offs and had the good fortune of Mansfield cocking it up in the play off final. If they do stay up this year they are likely to struggle again next season.
With regard to DC, the loss he has suffered is something he will never get over, every parents nightmare. This is likley to still be affecting him and how he goes about his work. He will hopefully be able to build a new life around his loss.

3 Likes

They were being used as an exemplar on here a few days ago. Why can’t we be like them :joy:

6 Likes

Already fans online wanting him back here yes he was shafted by Pomser but no thanks for me.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me if he ended up back at a mid table second division club

1 Like

Yep! Tranmere Rovers…

2 Likes

Think some folk need to look at the Division 3 table , if we were in Vales position every single person on here would be screaming for Clarke’s head.

Cambridge and MK will be above them very soon on current form if things continue, there only real hope is Oxford are worse than they are. I see six points coming our way next season

Now how do we get Forest on the fixture list :slight_smile:

1 Like