Dean Keates going back to Wrexham?

I most definitely get misty-eyed thinking about that goal at Swindon - it’s up there in my top three (the others being seeing Darren Byfield’s slow motion shot trickle through the defence and into the goal at the Millennium Stadium, and the other beating the Dingles at the Golden Graveyard and seeing their fans ripping their season tickets up outside the ground). I can close my eyes and picture that ball sailing into the net - and me jumping up and down madly with my 10 year old sun under my arm!! Days and moments like that are definitely what it’s all about - they are the moments that bring a tear to my eye and send shivers down my spine. I think that as local lad, those moments like that would have meant a lot to Dean as well - there was a personal involvement as much as a professional one, and that helps cement him as a legend on my eyes.

Correct AP, and a bloody good job as he isn`t.

Absolutely spot on Bluejay.

No you don`t do you.

Campaign for the new regime to re-name it “The Graydon Suite”?

We need a new project, now Jeff has gone.

2 Likes

Thats great for you Orkney and we all have our heros and moments in time that stay with us until the final curtain.
And i also would not dream of attacking you for seeing Dean Keates as a legend because as i have said earlier it is subjective but i equally reserve the right to not see him as a legend because it is just that, i don`t.
But there are quite a few unpleasant people on here ( some i expect it from and some who should know better) who just because you have a different view to them see it as an opportunity to have an argument and be downright nasty which is sad really as speaks volumes more about them as people than i ever could.
Sorry to go on a bit, and hope you realise i am not trying to drag you into anything.

You obviously have a wonderful command and use of the english language, have you ever thought about living in Stratford upon Avon?

Never thought that for a second; this forum is all about debate - which is healthy, hurts no-one, and makes our opinions richer. What I think does single Dean Keates out just a little more is the fact that he was a local boy ‘done good’, or our very own Roy of the Rovers. It’s one thing buying in a player who does well, but to have someone from the area (and a very tough neighbourhood as well), who is given a chance and succeeds and makes the most of limited talent through sheer determination and hard work, is a little bit more special. We called him the Beechdale-Beckham, and his background and roots, and the fact he gave everything each match, made him stand out to me.

1 Like

I agree. Coming from the Beechdale, you really can’t get more local than that unless Palfrey has produced some players to play for Walsall.

Always different critiera to this but fact local boy played and achieved all this for Walsall over two spells puts him above players from same squad who came from outside the area imo.

2 Likes

To prove my point

Problem there is you haven`t got one.

Dismiss Exiles point because you know it’s right. Bore off.

2 Likes

Exiles still waiting :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
And you haven`t got the intelligence to speak for yourself.
What a wonderful pair you are.

Why are you still wibbling on about this?

1 Like

As I said, you’re full of ■■■■.

This is the end of the yah-boo session. Any more, do it by PM … heed the gypsy’s warning.

Gypo, Gypo, Gypo…

Where’s your caravan, where’s your caravan?

And all that…

2 Likes