Director of football .... Who’s to blame?

Apologies if this has been covered before on here, but with the DOF being a new role at our club it’s not something we would have encountered before!
Who takes responsibility??
Fast forward 25 games into next season & we’re sat 20th in League 2 … who foots the blame? Taylor might be the best young manager around but Fullarton has recruited poorly or equally JF could have recruited brilliantly but Taylor’s not up to it?? Obviously this is a hypothetical question but it does open up a blame game mentality if things don’t go right??

Was the previous setup any less confusing? Clarke was responsible for the good performances. When it went wrong, he used to say he was responsible, but clearly didn’t think he was. Dutton, it seems , made all our better signings, but had nothing to do with the others.

1 Like

As Donald Southerlands character said in Kellys Heroes ‘All these negative waves’

2 Likes

I would say it’s a simple answer as to who is to blame, and that will be the DoF and the Head / Assistant Coach.

They are brought in and have a budget they will have agreed to work to. Whatever goals they are set by LP, if they fail to meet them then it’s on their heads after agreeing them.

The DoF probably bears the brunt as it was his responsibility to source the coaching team.

1 Like

Bonser normally.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ, are we really already figuring out who’s going to be held to account if things don’t go right? It’s an entirely new structure, with what will be an entirely new team, it’s likely we won’t absolutely charge out the gate.

Give the guy a chance, FFS

4 Likes

Personally I hope we ditch this blame game mentality from Clarke and Dutton. I don’t wanna hear anymore excuses of boys and men and the wrong mentality etc. we lose and win collectively. When we lose it’s everybody fault from the manager , coaches and players and when we win it’s everybody hard work. The dof and coach will get the pressure when results aren’t up to scratch but let’s drop this media circus after every game. Just come out and say we wasn’t good enough today and move on.

4 Likes

This is the sort of answer I was looking for :+1:t3: This is exactly how it should be :+1:t3:

2 Likes

You for tempting fate :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Depends what goes wrong. There can be many different reasons why you’re ■■■■ so it just depends. I don’t think us looking for who to blame before a ball is kicked is helpful though.

3 Likes

I’ll just blame Gamble and Mole like I always do, pair of ■■■■■

1 Like

Swifty (well we all know who’s behind the beak)…

Hopefully all the big key decisions will be made and agreed by the the DoF and the Head / Assistant Coach and rubber stamped by El Pomletto ?

2 Likes

It used to be Merson