Disappointed

Its a good job you lot weren’t around during the Hibbiitt years!!! Rome wasn’t built in a day you know…it is going to take time to get this right. It will be helped by the Manager finding a spine of the team and building around that. Some of the signings will fail but some will come through and give us good service…just give it time.

3 Likes

And where have you had your £500k figure from ?

Come back Geoff all is forgiven :joy::joy:

How so? Bonser ran the budget down for years and the decline directly matches that stance. Look, we get it your not happy his lord Jeff is no longer chairman, maybe you need to set up a group to discuss this on a regular basis so that you can deal with the loss and learn some coping strategies.

1 Like

I would not have kept any of the departures from last season either because they were dross or they did not want to play for the club

So how do you no it was much more than £500k ?

So you know people at Sunderland who would tell you how much W they signed one of our players for ?

250k dobo, cook 150k, ferrier 75k.

I was around during the Hibbett days and it was awful.
Come on Pomlett give us some explanations as we are now under a new era of full transparency. As if!

Err. I have not referred to a 50 percent cut in the playing budget. Another poster did.

And you know this for a fact you have seen the documentation ?

If you want to believe that Pomlett is spending more on the playing budget than Bonser did. That’s fine. This is a forum and all views are valid

It’s fairly generous to assume a 50% reduction in the playing budget given what I’ve seen so far. Maybe 75% would be more accurate.

The only thing I find amazing with this years team is that we actually got a manager of Clarke’s quality. Highest coaching qualification young but experienced. Why did he come to Walsall?. The opening results have been disappointing but not surprising with the changes made. It’s going to be a long slog back but long term we have the right guy at the helm.
Ps bet Geoff is missing this :joy::joy:

1 Like

So you think it is far less than that do you :wink:

Agreed but if you make statements surely you have to support them with facts and not just here say, and rumour.

And I could assume a different figure but I choose not to because I don’t know the facts and I am not trying to build a case in my favour.

I don’t know I have not seen any firm evidence to the contrary as it was undisclosed.

Pomlett doesn’t get a free pass, the responsibility sits with him ultimately. But he gets some time to set out his vision and methods in my view.

Presumably some would have preferred the continued slow decline under Bonser for years. Heaven forbide things may change eh?

2 Likes

Yep. Huge huge cuts in playing budget. Not 75 percent but pretty huge