Do or Die? 10 man Saddlers

Anyone that suffered yesterday at the Salford game and heard DC state we played with 10 men (more like 5 imo) might like to pop a vote for who that might be aimed at.
No 1 for me is our number 1. Flailed around without conviction for their first, pushed out a shot straight to Salford player rather than out (as every GK coach teaches) for their second and could/should have got a hand to their third. Is nowhere near the standard of RoD and Etheridge. Rose deserves a run in the team so we can assess him.
There is a tie for second between Holden and Liddle for very different reasons. Holden looks and plays like someone who turns up for a kids game in the park. Never looks forward always side and back. Never looks confident on the ball and has the strength of our cat. If there is a send back clause send him back now as Liera has better in his squad,
Liddle. Not sure what to say. Has never looked like a player in any game I have seen. Would like to see the stats of how many touches he had that did anything. Surely Cameron Norman a better choice.
Third is Elijah. He looked and performed like he was uninterested in being there. He had little control of his own legs and mistimed every leap and hence won nothing in the air. Salford CB’s could have had a deck chair out.
In truth the Sponsors got it right and gave MoM to Sinclair. He at least tried.
DC shouldn’t escape a mention for the bizarre substitutions.
For me subs could have come on at half time. Given those fit and on the bench Norman and Kinsella could have replaced Liddle and Holden at that point.
I appreciate we have injuries to key players and the Salford loan clause didn’t help.
UTS.

I think the Salford loan clause may have said “You don’t play our man against us AND you make bloody sure we go home with 3 points or you don’t get him”.
Job done then.

You’d think the player he was on about would be one of those taken off.

1 Like

I think it was our striker because Clarke went on to say something like “and Gordon worked hard on his own up front.” I thought Elijah’s contribution yesterday was very poor and those of you who post on here will know I rarely criticise individuals but his performance yesterday was appalling.
I don’t agree about Roberts…certainly partly to blame for the first but Jules lost his man twice and the other CBs stood and watched but to blame him for the other 2 is far too harsh. He made a good save from the initial shot but none of our defenders picked up Jervis and he lashed it home. The third goal he had no chance. His confidence has been building this season and he has done well so far so I say stick by him.

1 Like

Agree with all of that.

1 Like