Earing Knee Injury

Confirmed ruptured ACL, out for 12 months

1 Like

Terrible news for the kid.All the best Jack.

2 Likes

Bad news. He’s a few days shy of his 24th birthday, so he’s hopefully young enough to get fit again and rebuild his career.

1 Like

How awful. Best wishes Jack…

1 Like

Very bad news

That is awful. I wonder how it works when a player is seriously injured when their contract runs out? If it really is 12 months then that is essentially this and most if not all of next season, allowing time for achieving match fitness.

3 ACL injuries in around a year.

Are they insured?

Think we had this conversation when Conor Wilkinson got injured and LP said he wasn’t.

1 Like

We had this debate a while back, it appears afew clubs do but most like Walsall don’t

I would imagine Walsall wont offer him an extension but will offer him our facilties to help him recover.

Presumably with an option.

It is a difficult life being a footballer at this level. Perhaps the PFA can help.

1 Like

Whether clubs do or not, wouldn’t it make sense for players to insure themselves?

Whist I imagine it would be a huge risk to insurers for say a Prem player on mega wages, I would think Earing and a lot of league 2 players (and non league) could well be on salaries that some sort of personal injury or loss of earnings/potential earnings type insurance would be available for?

1 Like