Early Bird Time

A shame but totally get it.

Mind, them swimming galas. Like being in a particularly echoey rainforest all day.

1 Like

Renewed mine and actually paid a premium to remove myself from the boring old droners who have been increasingly getting on my tits for the past few seasons.
Boner wins.My ears win (hopefully).

3 Likes

Jesus, it must be worse than I thought.
Little wonder speedway donā€™t publish attendances.

Renewed mine against my better judgement. To be honest itā€™s more as an excuse to meet mates and have a few beers than it is to watch the football, so donā€™t dare count my renewed patronage as any kind of vote of confidence in the board or senior management team Walsall FC.

1 Like

After having one ever since 1988 I havenā€™t renewed for next season, not to say I wonā€™t in time but its started to feel more like a chore than something to enjoy. Maybe after a few months of no football l will feel differently

I renewed mine mainly for the same reasons for the social element and if didnā€™t have one would probably stay in the pub on the odd occasion when we didnā€™t fancy the game

Despite posting on another thread - I forget which - exactly the same sentiment, and my intent to renew, I havenā€™t actually done so.
Unfortunately thatā€™s down to a change in my circumstances which means my opportunities to watch home games next season could well be few and far between.
Using Bonsers ā€œwell run clubā€ business model on my own finances means itā€™s just not cost effective to purchase even an old fogey season ticket.
Of course, if Jeff had decided to loosen his rent chokehold upon the club, I would have been persuaded to part with my readies despite my circumstances (easy for me to say as thatā€™s never going to happen is it).
I will go next season whenever I can, whatever league - and mess - we find ourselves in.
UTS

Iā€™ve renewed but Iā€™m always critical of the players and staff. I donā€™t like the way they do things but at the end of the day I want to meet mates at the pub and then go watch the football.

If I didnā€™t renew and sat at home would I still meet them at 12 then just go home at half 2? Nah, Iā€™d still end up meeting them as I canā€™t just sit inside on my own of a weekend, then end up going down to the ground anyway and paying even more into his pension pot.

1 Like

600 or so tickets left for the Shrewsbury game.

Iā€™ve renewed as have the 6 others I go with.
We may be crazy but itā€™s just what we do on a Saturday. Win, lose or draw . For better or worse ( mostly at the moment).
Yes there are other things to do- sit in the pub/ cinema/rugby/ follow a premier league team etcā€¦

Iā€™ve tried them all but when your watching Chelsea v Arsenal and just glued to your phone praying WFC score at home to Scunthorpe you realise there is only one place to be.

You never know what could still happen. Itā€™s highly unlikely but a 92nd minute hotly disputed penalty winner at Salop to relegate them at the same time would easily make up for the rubbish witnessed over the last 2 seasons.

6 Likes

Have I read my emails right can we get into the last two games for twenty quid a tenner each?

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the way iā€™ve read it , and will be ordering tomorrow . :+1:

Hope everyone else will too , and give the team a noisy backing till the end

A proper business would be ringing you this week to ask why you havenā€™t renewed and perhaps you might re-consider with a 10 quid shop voucher thrown in.

4 Likes

Think theyā€™re all a bit busy making sure the boxing event sells out.

3 Likes

I am more shocked at you than anyone else. Probably in the top 5% on here of the most vocal anti-Bonsor posters, regularly posting about how you canā€™t relate to modern football any more and also extremely vocal in how poor the atmosphere / matchday experience is and the attitude of those fans that do still go (being reported to a steward etc)?

Donā€™t take offence but why pay a pretty high premium into something that seemingly causes you so much negativity? If your on here complaining about all the same things again next year, then surely you only have yourself to blame?

Fair play mate. Canā€™t really argue against much youā€™ve posted there.

Over the years I have considered the possibility of stopping going or not.

In the end I look forward to match days and meeting mates Iā€™ve known since school (possibly itā€™s only the games that have kept us in so close touch got the last 30+ years).

I hate Bonser with a passion and will do anything to rid us of his toxic, damaging reign. However, I canā€™t see stopping going will speed his departure, in fact I think it might lengthen his stay as it will make the club less likely to be an attractive purchase if the fanbase falls ever lower.

11 Likes

Thatā€™s very altrustic of you, Tinned.
I was looking at it more in terms of keeping Ā£20 for myself.

Your last sentence is spot on and a very good argument for renewing. Anyway I am glad you have renewed and lets hope we can turn things round next season.

2 Likes

ā€¦and that the protests start in earnest ā€¦

Fair enough, you see my social circles are not connected in any way to Walsall FC, which is why its very different for me. Like I have mentioned I think 2 mates still go. However, I do understand those that go for that social reason, especially those that have been going for such a very long time.

I only asked because those that are as anti modern football and anti-Walsall as you, have generally stopped going (most donā€™t even care enough to come on here now) and that makes more sense to me; more sense than spending money to be miserable and angry. I spend my money to be happy - so there must still be some enjoyment there for you despite everything :slightly_smiling_face:

Personally I canā€™t see going or not going making any difference to Bonser. But when that mob does get mobilised hopefully I am still ā€˜connectedā€™ enough to be a part of it.