Emmanuel Adegboyega signs

No, young promising players!

1 Like

Would you see this as a downgrade from when we used to rely on ex-Bristol Rovers players?

I mentioned us signing him in the summer Rumours thread so am pleased with this signing. Looks very strong and athletic and comfortable on the ball (converted from a midfielder I believe) so could easily step in for DD or Priestly.

However I am Struggling to understand the thinking here. We seem well stocked at centre back compared to other areas that need strengthening and taking him on loan surely prevents other players developing.

If we were giving promotion a really good go it would make some sense, but we are surely too far behind the top 3 and the play offs are too much of a lottery for this to be the target and even if we somehow did go up weā€™d then lose him for next season.

So like I say, canā€™t see the strategic thinking behind this one.

1 Like

Weā€™ve always signed young players with limited league experience on loan from teams above us in the football league pyramid.

I mean, itā€™s the nature of our predicament. No need for the victim complex on behalf of Trivela.

Maybe heā€™s literally been signed to fill in for McEntee, i.e. in midfield :joy:

3 Likes

Literally no idea if heā€™s any good :joy:

Wish him all the best though.

Williams is out for several weeks, McEntee out for several monthsā€¦leaves us only with the current 3 plus Meneyese. Not sure I agree about the play offs either. We have a good chance if we replace Draper when he goes.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure Norwich arenā€™t

1 Like

A back line of Okagbue, Farquharson, and Adegboyega is going to be a right mouthfulā€¦I mean handful for opposition attackers :joy:

3 Likes

What is it you donā€™t agree about the playoffs?

You indicated the play off were not currently a target. I think they are if we manage to replace Draper with a decent forward.

Seeming as weā€™ve gone back to a three, with McEntee out for the season, Williams having a few knocks in the last couple of months and Meneyese doesnā€™t seem to be ready to play yet.

So another centre half isnā€™t the worst we could do, rather bring in another one of those than play Taylor Allen there :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, but do you accept if we target the play offs this season that might be at the cost of preparing for automatic promotion next season?

And if we did succeed in the playoffs weā€™d be one of the weaker teams in league 1 and perhaps face a relegation battle?

I accept there are different views and maybe Iā€™m being too negative, but Iā€™d like to see the likes of Foulkes and Maher given more opportunity rather than get loans in to push for the play offs.

All the best Manny

Well I think we should try for the play offs but accept we are outsiders at the minute. The next 6 league games will tell us a lot. Stockport awayā€¦very tough followed by several winnable home games and Gillingham away. If we come out of that spell with a good haul of points we will be very close.
If we got into the play offs and won them we would need strengthening for next season although we would have terrific momentum.
If we fail I donā€™t think it will have an effect on next season as I presume further good players will arrive in the Summer to join an already strongish squad . We are not far away!

4 Likes

Why the f*** would that be the case :joy:

Got to be the earliest example of getting your excuses in Iā€™ve ever seen. Teams turnover in this division every summer. Literally has no bearing whatsoever.

8 Likes

Yes, I hope we push for the play offs too.

Dumbest thing Iā€™ve read on here for a while :joy::joy:

11 Likes

My heads gone into a tailspin :joy:

1 Like

Looks like a fabulous signing, well done to all concerned for getting it over the line. I hope if he does well there is a possibility of making this move permanently in the summer.

1 Like