Eriksen

The game goes ahead later between Denmark and Finland which has shocked me to be honest

Glad that I was watching cricket. Why the hell are they playing apart from the finances and convenience of uefa :imp:

Players agreed to play & according to Danish TV they spoke to Eriksen.

That was horrific to watch, I was about to turn off, when the feed got pulled. I thought the medical team, referee & players were incredible. Kasper Schmeichael consoling Eriksenā€™s wife will long live in the memory.

Thank goodness he is doing ok.

Apparently the players, including a video call from Erickson, asked to finish the game.

1 Like

should have postponed it, looking at the result i think the Danish players were still thinking about it

2 Likes

Will likely be end of his career like Muamba all those years ago but it looked much much bleaker in those minutes straight after. Amazing he came round as he was being stretched off as I imagine that rarely happens in these situations.

If you have to go through something like that being a pro sportsman in major stadium is probably the best place for it to happen but even then many players havenā€™t been saved in time. Apparently the major hospital in Copenhagen is right next to the ground aswell.

Eriksen was in the best place for that to happen, as sad as it is and was to see. Heā€™s in his home country, surrounded by top medics with a defibrillator at hand. Thank god. Also the hospital isnā€™t far away from the ground.

Massive credit must also go to Simon Kjaer. What an amazing human being that man is. Not only did he stop Eriksen swallowing his tongue, he got him into the recovery position in quick time to give him the best chance possible, and then he consoled Eriksenā€™s wife at pitchside. All of that whilst watching a close mate in severe danger.

Also, massive credit must go to the ref, Anthony Taylor. Many PL fans criticise him, sometimes rightly so, but in taking just 5 seconds to get the game stopped and get the medics on, heā€™s more than played his part in giving Eriksen the best chance to pull through.

3 Likes

Pity Ericsons fellow players go down like tarts , for nowt , and put the medics in constant limbo.

2 Likes

This is a very good point, which Iā€™ve said before. Some proā€™s are endangering themselves & others with the feigning of injuries. Medics never know if itā€™s serious or not, another thing to get kicked out the game.

Massive credit to all involved in saving Eriksenā€™s life. Such good news he is making progress.

No credit to Danish TV for continuing to feed the images or the BBC who should have cut away from it sooner.

4 Likes

I said to the Mrs he almost fell into that position himself didnā€™t he? But agree that if ever you wanted it to happen to you that was most definitely the place to pass out and almost kick the bucket.

Christian, going down like that was awful to see, for a brief moment the camera zoomed in on his face and it looked very bad for him.Thank God the medics quickly recognized the danger he was in and acted accordingly to save his life. I salute them.
Itā€™s something I never want to witness again on a football field, or indeed, life.
Iā€™m so glad he is recovering and hoping he will be back on the pitch soon.

The Danish players may have agreed to play on, but they were given the option of doing that or kicking off again at midday the next day, according to Peter Schmeichel.

No credit to UEFA.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no way heā€™ll play professional football again.

Signed for Brentford today. A bit of class for them, and obviously good news for him that his health is strong enough to allow a return.
Iā€™m surprised Spurs werenā€™t after him as they have not yet replaced him.