Evan Weir Signs

Surely we should be going for the lad, Pierrot? Looks like he’s the one pulling the strings.

1 Like

Only just joined the club by looks of things, so one of Trivelas signings at a guess…

Not a problem, the only place I could see him mentioned was on their feed, so yours may well be spot on?!?! But strange they should mention him

1 Like

On Drogheda’s X-feed it says Pierrot laid the ball back to Weir to score the first.

2 Likes

Ex Houston Dynamos so a Matt Jordan link.

2 Likes

I thought that upon reading…or may have known of him

Podcast with Evan Weir, good listen.

3 Likes

Why does that look like it’s been written by AI?

Just watching the drogheda match and i must say Evan Weir looks pretty poor he looks comfortable on the ball and got a decent left peg, but defensively looks a liability and his positioning is shocking. Hopefully he just having an off day.

Edit. Weir just scored another free kick

5 mins injury time added on then Shelbourne equalised in the 94th minute.

Then linesman got hit by a pyrotechnic thrown from the away end and match delayed for 15 mins before restarting. Finished 2-2.

The standard is not great is it? some decent players over there but an awful lot of dross.Would imagine he will be a back up player for us.

Dont care about the level really, young players playing big mens football is never a bad thing. Im still not convinced itts that much of step up at league two level.

Same goes for Maher, if you can drop down to big guys booting ya and still look decent your halfway there.

9 Likes

What position is he playing? I think he is the back up to Gordon next season thereby allowing Allen to continue as a LCB.

Hutch’s assists have been amazing this season: I think he’s 4th in league two for assists.

I wonder whether Weir will be utilised for his excellent free kicks.

I quite like the thought of him as a left midfielder.

I know that we have a lot of centre backs but Farq is very injury prone, so to play a 442 would be a great option (even as a Plan B). It would also allow Knowles to play as a right midfielder if he stays (although his final ball needs some work, it’s fair to say!)

However he is utilised, I think it’s a smart move for the club and it’s relatively low risk, in terms of financial investment.

2 Likes

Are drogheda still part time

I actually think Knowles is the reason for our downturn in form, we slate his final ball but without him we don’t even get into the high positions to make the final ball. He also unsettles defenders and wins fouls in key positions. Surprised we haven’t offered him another year or 2 tbh

5 Likes

Amazing how much not playing improves a player.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder!

I do think that Tom Knowles is a good influence on the squad though and he clearly cares about the club.

For example, I’m not sure that Luke Leahy and Kristian Bielik would be in the away end with the Walsall supporters when ‘unavailable for selection’.

Quality is debatable but I think Knowles is popular with fans and teammates.

I think he’s worthy of another contract offer but I’d still want the club to invest in a RWB in the summer (hopefully, we can renew links with Connor Barrett from Fylde).

6 Likes

Saddler said that in the meet the manager event,
He’s working on known shortfalls but as he said “doesn’t half get us up the pitch”

3 Likes

Yes still part time. The pnly part time team in the league.

Weir went off i jured lastnight, though dont think its too serious

1 Like