Evans vs Smith

Evans is a fine goalkeeper, we’re very lucky to have him and such an able deputy in Smith. I also know Evans is a real players favourite, I understand he is one of the livelier dressing room presences and Sadler is a big fan.

Maybe he could be a bit livelier distributing the ball or livelier in getting to his near post :blush:

10 Likes

[quote=“WalsallOne, post:36, topic:11114”]
Evans spent the first half of the season behind “rookie” defenders
[/quote] you make a very valid point there particularly as Farquharson was missing .

1 Like

Thought I had been caught in a time warp for a second there!

5 Likes

Very true in your case Chunk :wink:

1 Like

Play both and drop one of the central midfielders.

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Love it.

no way is evans the best goalkeeper in this league,never in a mouth of sundays is he imo,but our stuborn manger says he is so he plays

2 Likes

He’s done well but on fire is a bit much. But he certainly didnt deserve to be dropped i will concede that.

1 Like

Whooooosh :grin:

1 Like

You can have that one :grinning:

1 Like

Thankyou :+1:

Can’t see Evans coming back from this today. Your own fans jeering for you to receive a red card that’s got to be the lowest of the low for any player. Would expect him to go in the summer

6 Likes

Whilst I can understand how they felt and I’d be lying if I said the first thought I had wasn’t thank god that means Smith back Tuesday……but personally I think that’s as low as a fan can go. Pretty unforgivable from a support point of view.

Just my opinion.

6 Likes

Not disagreeing with you. But a huge number of people were joining in with it

1 Like

I can understand the debate around how Smith speeds up our game with his quick throws and kicks but honestly Evans was left shockingly exposed by the rabble Infront of him today.

5 Likes

I think a few players getting a red todah may have been cheered this the feeling on the ground at the moment
Bescot is t a nice place to be

1 Like

It all stems from the rumour he moaned about not playing at Southampton. I dont know where that started from.

Think he’s being treated a been a little bit of a scapegoat as way to vent peoples frustrations against Sadler.

Evans has been wank, but didn’t deserve that treatment - but it’s been inflated from the frustrations fans having with Sadlers decision making.

13 Likes

Ive not seen that happen since Tom Bennett got sent off donkeys years ago and everyone cheered.

1 Like