FA Cup Draw

Think whoever plays Wrexham will certainly be in for a windfall from the tv company’s

Ive seen enough 23 fingered folk for a lifetime.

1 Like

Just imagine the chaos on Father’s Day over there. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Swindon

1 Like

Regardless of who we draw for Bonfire Night, what are everyone’s plans for our customary free Saturday on the 2nd round weekend?

2 Likes

It seems like an age since we had a good cup run. Back in the day we seemed to have them all the time; Crystal Palace, Liverpool, Spurs, Man Utd, Newcastle, Leicester…
I keep thinking, this has got to be the season and every season is a damp squib. Realistically, this season, a cup run is our only hope of some success. Even if we do rally and get into the play offs, I fear that the gulf between League 1 and League 2 is currently too much for us to bridge. We would need major investment in the team to survive in League 1 and the only likley source for that is a cup run and a lucky draw. Needham Market or Coalville for me. Probably get Plymouth away.

1 Like

York, Halifax, Chester away all good shouts!

Some easy beats who can never get up for a cup performance at home.

As for our opposition…:crazy_face:

1 Like

Wrexham aren’t there yet - they have to beat Blyth Spartans in their replay tomorrow…

A repeat of the 5th round in 78 when we played Arsenal. I think their tie then went to a replay then.

I bet no-one has considered that Mansfield will stop Johnson from being cuptied, so we’ll struggle to beat any team without him!

1 Like

Whether or not they allow him to play will clarify their intentions a little.

I suspect Pomlett wanted to speak to the Mansfield heirarchy on Saturday, and they weren’t available!

Anyone fancy an away trip to Needham Market, in Suffolk? Never heard of them before; they’re in the same league as Tamworth, Rushall and Olympic so I dare say they’re not totally unknown to some of you. The ground’s just off the A14, so it’s not a complicated trek there.

Its a lovely place.I had a short holiday there a few years back. I didn’t see a football ground but then I wasn’t looking for one :grinning:

1 Like

Indeed. Our season long loanees [Bennett, Cashman, James-Taylor) can all play in the FA Cup automatically. Temporary transfers (Johnson) cannot play unless their parent club gives permission.

Rule 15j covers it:
https://www.thefa.com/~/media/776fdc2c663a48568fc3688fa667463a.ashx

Derby County Away :ram:

My kids really could do with the bragging rights from a famous giant killing…

… yes I realise it’s a very long shot :anguished:.

3 Likes

Away game somewhere we can take a big following and have a chance to win. So I guess that narrows it down to Hereford, Kidderminster (if they win replay) or Chester (if they win replay).

We spotted him waiting in the queue at the lights by the Sir John Cockle pub after the game,he didn’t look happy.

Hereford away 06/07 was the best away day I have ever been on. Atmosphere that day was unbelievable. Think they made it pay on the day and there must be of been about 2,000+ rock up. Had to move some of the home fans if I remember it right

2 Likes