Fan Survey Results

I would have been interested to see a word cloud from the identify and values section as I think this was the part of the questionnaire that asked for 3 words to describe them.

2 Likes

I am maybe being overly critical (but I think justified) because I work in data science, statistics and visualisation, and I’m the open science lead at the university (for transparency, openness and robustness in research methods and design).

I would expect a GCSE student to do better visualisation of results than that - pie charts? :joy:

As I said… maybe I’m overly critical… but it just makes me loff how amateur it is.

2 Likes

They must have gone to the same school as the media team :joy: :wink:

1 Like

I think that slide is an accurate reflection of the views of supporters. It doesn’t accord with some views on here but views on here are not necessarily the views of all.

6 Likes

Pie charts ffs are they still at primary school.

As a primary school teacher, pie charts aren’t even covered that much any more on the curriculum!! Maybe they should move on to the advanced worlds of bar charts and then line graphs!!:joy::man_facepalming:

Pie-mary school?

3 Likes

Boycott said in his last video that there are turning there attention to the matchday experience, so i think its just case of being patient.

They were going to use a lot more pie charts but they sold out of them a lot earlier than expected.

18 Likes

Mole Mandelson - the spin doctor !
Club have form for this kind of stuff

2 Likes

He doesn’t give a friggin’ L about it.

1 Like

At least the pie charts weren’t burnt.

1 Like

How can anyone doubt the official pie chart….

10 Likes

:rofl: Classic Walsall.

Fook me. The club really can’t win sometimes with our fans. It’s clearly meant to be a basic visual summary of the data collected (whether they’ve cherry picked what they wanted to publish or not). Job done. We’re not analysing the stock market or something, just how many people think we’re decent or shite at something. Not everyone works in data science @Thanatos and they’ve got to cater to a fan base of thousands who come from all walks of life and levels of intellect etc. What really matters is what they now go and do with the data.

8 Likes

Exactly my concern mate.

And I agree, that’s the big if. But surely under a new regime we have to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

For me, it is what the club do with the data acquired from the survey.

Over 1000 fans completed it, with over 600 of them being ST holders, so they’re the ones who continually experience what the club is/isn’t doing, so it should prove to be accurate.

The club does some things well, which I have posted about before (free football for children, communication with players, open training sessions etc) but the fall short in many ways. The club seem to be aware of this and are making strides to improve on this. With Trivela buying the club and having their own ideas should ensure we continue making improvements.

Yes, some of the ‘old guard’ are still here, but Trivela seem to value what they bring to the party. If they’re taking what they see on face value, they might be found out, but if Trivela believe that they continue to add value to what they’re doing then so be it.

Publishing the full results of the survey will only prove to give gratification to those who believe and have said things and seeing that others agree with them. How people think this can be productive for the club, trying to move forward and implement improvements is anyones guess.

We need to give time for them to bring about change. I’ve already seen improvements from the Hartlepool to Stevenage matches. Rome wasn’t built in a day and all that.

3 Likes

I think peoples concern about them cherry picking what data to show is because they think that will lead to them cherry picking which things they deal with.

For instance they were already looking at improving refreshments before the survey so it’s easy to pick that as a negative because they can already say “look we’re improving it”. Same with the club shop. Trivela already said they were looking to improve the merchandise so easy to acknowledge the shop is poor as they’ve already planned to improve it.

1 Like

Though it’s commendable that the club have taken these steps to engage and listen to fans, you sense you’ll only get a true picture of the results and what has to change if the survey is undertaken and published by an independent third party.

2 Likes